where is heimdal-dev?

Mark Foley
I've just downloaded and am building the heimdal 7.5.0 release. For what I want
to do (SASL and GSSAPI) I need to compile SASL against the Heimdal libraries and
headers. I've been advised that I need the heimdal-dev package. Are these
libraries and headers included in the 7.5.0 build? If not, are they on the
https://www.h5l.org/ somewhere, or do I have to find the dev package elsewhere?

Thanks --Mark

Re: where is heimdal-dev?

Viktor Dukhovni-2

> On Dec 15, 2017, at 1:14 PM, Mark Foley <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I've just downloaded and am building the heimdal 7.5.0 release. For what I want
> to do (SASL and GSSAPI) I need to compile SASL against the Heimdal libraries and
> headers. I've been advised that I need the heimdal-dev package. Are these
> libraries and headers included in the 7.5.0 build? If not, are they on the
> https://www.h5l.org/ somewhere, or do I have to find the dev package elsewhere?

Packages (e.g. "heimdal-dev") are a concept at the operating system
distribution layer.  The upstream Heimdal sources generate a complete
Heimdal image, KDC, libraries, header files, command-line tools,
documentation, ...

To install "heimdal-dev" or similar, look for pre-compiled packages
for your operating system.

        Viktor.

Re: where is heimdal-dev?

Marcin Cieslak-3
On Fri, 15 Dec 2017, Mark Foley wrote:

> I've just downloaded and am building the heimdal 7.5.0 release. For what I want
> to do (SASL and GSSAPI) I need to compile SASL against the Heimdal libraries and
> headers. I've been advised that I need the heimdal-dev package. Are these
> libraries and headers included in the 7.5.0 build? If not, are they on the
> https://www.h5l.org/ somewhere, or do I have to find the dev package elsewhere?

If you are building heimdal from source you will have includes and libraries
ready for use. "-dev" packages is just some kind of artificial construct
used by some Linux distributions.

Marcin CieĊ›lak

smime.p7s (4K) Download Attachment