t_cc failure in 1.16 make check on KEYRING cc

t_cc failure in 1.16 make check on KEYRING cc

Chris Hecker
I didn't have keyutils installed (on CentOS 5) and I'm getting this on make
check in the ccache dir:

Testing miscellaneous error conditions
Starting test on /tmp/cctest.11635
Test on /tmp/cctest.11635 passed
Starting test on KEYRING:process:/tmp/cctest.11635
new_unique: Key has been revoked

I'm looking into it more, I assume I need to initialize something in the
keyring now that I've got keyctl but I think the makefile should do that
for this test?  I've never used the keyring so I'm feeling my way around
this right now.

Chris

Re: t_cc failure in 1.16 make check on KEYRING cc

Chris Hecker
I couldn't get that test to pass after trying a few things, so I just
commented it out and everything else passed, so I'm probably missing
something but maybe the makefile should at least print something out to let
me know what to do...

Chris

On 12/09/2017 09:47 PM, Chris Hecker wrote:
> Starting test on KEYRING:process:/tmp/cctest.11635
> new_unique: Key has been revoked
>
> I'm looking into it more, I assume I need to initialize something in the
> keyring now that I've got keyctl but I think the makefile should do that
> for this test?  I've never used the keyring so I'm feeling my way around
> this right now.

You shouldn't have to do anything; "make check" is supposed to adapt to
its environment and skip tests it can't run.  Please send me (off-list
to avoid clutter) any details you can collect, such as an strace of the
failing process, and I will try to figure out what's going on.