ssh-gssapi fails when user have "instance " part

ssh-gssapi fails when user have "instance " part

jay alvarez-2
Hi,
    I created a user with an instance "mis"

 jay/[hidden email]

 and tried ssh'ing to one machine configured to accept gssapi ssh authentication, however, to my surprise, gssapi authentication failed. Now what I did was to create another principal, this time removing the instance "mis"

 [hidden email]

 and the authentication succeeded.

 I tried creating an mis group and putting "jay" into it (just trying my luck) but still authentication fails.

 Any idea how ssh should handle user accounts with instances??

 Thanks.

Re: ssh-gssapi fails when user have "instance " part

Russ Allbery
jay alvarez <[hidden email]> writes:

>     I created a user with an instance "mis"

>  jay/[hidden email]

>  and tried ssh'ing to one machine configured to accept gssapi ssh
>  authentication, however, to my surprise, gssapi authentication
>  failed.

Is there a .k5login file in jay's home directory that lists
jay/[hidden email] as a principal authorized to log on to that account?

--
Russ Allbery ([hidden email])             <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>