single sign on problem on macOS Sierra (Version10.12.3), client (Giuseppe Mazza)

single sign on problem on macOS Sierra (Version10.12.3), client (Giuseppe Mazza)

Giuseppe Mazza
Dear Hugh,

Thank you for your reply.

On 24/03/17 16:01, [hidden email] wrote:
> Today's Topics:
>
>    1. Re: Kerberos Digest, Vol 171, Issue 14 (Hugh Cole-Baker)

>> I have tried to implement single-sign-on on a my macbook.
>>
>> - has anybody manage to configure supported browsers for Kerberos sso
>> and apache on macOS clients?
>>

> Yes, if you're using Firefox you should read
> https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Integrated_authentication
> and set the preferences mentioned on that page to whitelist the URLs
> you want to use HTTP Negotiate auth with. Firefox will not try Negotiate by
> default.

Yes, it works.

I had already tried that. It seems to me that my problem was the enctype
of my ticket granting ticket principal key was DES.
I upgraded it from DES to AES256 on my kerberos master (yes, I know:
something I had to do anyway).

Then I followed the steps in the documentation you point me to, i.e.
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Integrated_authentication
and Firefox on my macbook is much happier now.

Thank you again,
Giuseppe