I'm pleased to announce release 3.15 of remctl.
remctl is a client/server application that supports remote execution of
specific commands, using Kerberos GSS-API for authentication.
Authorization is controlled by a configuration file and ACL files and can
be set separately for each command, unlike with rsh. remctl is like a
Kerberos-authenticated simple CGI server, or a combination of Kerberos ssh
and sudo without most of the features and complexity of either.
Changes from previous release:
Fix a bug where output could have been truncated for a command run by
the server that was accepting an argument on standard input, if it
exited before reading all of the input data. Incorrect server logic
disabled reads from the child process on write failure, so could have
missed the last buffer of output from the child. This was only seen
under valgrind testing, not reported as a bug, so it's not clear how
widespread of a problem this was.
Validate command argument count, the length of command arguments, and
the length of blocks of output from the server fit into the data type
used in the wire protocol.
Check the port argument to remctl and remctld to ensure that it is a
valid port number.
Add maintainer check-cppcheck target to run cppcheck across the source
base with a standard configuration. Fix all issues found by cppcheck.
Rework the check-valgrind target to use the new C TAP Harness valgrind
support and automatically check the valgrind log files for errors at
the end of the test suite. This catches the bad free that caused the
security issue in 3.14.
Flesh out support for Clang warnings and compile cleanly under Clang
with most warnings enabled (-Weverything with some exclusions).
Add SPDX-License-Identifier headers to all substantial source files.
Update to rra-c-util 7.1:
* Avoid spurious test failures from the network library.
* Fix configure output when a Kerberos install prefix was provided.
* Fix new warnings in GCC 7 and add new warning flags.
* Fix all warnings from the Clang static analyzer.
* Fix warnings under Clang with most warnings enabled.
* Define UINT32_MAX for systems that don't have it.
* Support running remctld under valgrind for memory leak testing.
* Update the valgrind suppression file.
Update to C TAP Harness 4.3:
* Add support for valgrind testing via test list options.
* Report test failures as left and right, not wanted and seen.
* Fix is_string comparisons involving NULL pointers and "(null)".
You can download it from:
This package is maintained using Git; see the instructions on the above
page to access the Git repository.
Debian packages have been uploaded to Debian unstable.
Please let me know of any problems or feature requests not already listed
in the TODO file.
Russ Allbery ([hidden email]) <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>
Kerberos mailing list [hidden email]
|Free forum by Nabble||Edit this page|