problem accessing Dartmouth proxy server with MIT Kerberos

problem accessing Dartmouth proxy server with MIT Kerberos

Nathan Hedges
Dear MIT Kerberos Guys,

I originally downloaded the 'Kerberos for Windows' package from the
following Dartmouth College site:

http://www.dartmouth.edu/comp/resources/downloads/using-kerberos.html

I then configured my internet explorer according to these directions:

http://diglib.dartmouth.edu/howdoi/auth-proxy-help.shtml#ie5win

Unfortunately the following error came up:

Kerberos error 63: Protocol error (get_intkt)

So, I googled the error, and came here:

http://www.cit.cornell.edu/helpdesk/win/kerb/kerb63.html

Which recommended I go here:

http://web.mit.edu/kerberos/www/

I downloaded your kerberos system, but at some point I must have missed a
configuration, or perhaps committed another error.

Could you tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thank you,

Nathan Hedges

Re: problem accessing Dartmouth proxy server with MIT Kerberos

hartmans

    Nathan> Could you tell me what I am doing wrong?

Sure.  You've got a very special configuration there at Dartmouth and
are not using the resources designed to help you.  Please contact the
Dartmouth help desk and ask them how to fix the error you are seeing.