pb with .tex doc

SFBZH
I have downloaded MIT Kerberos for Windows and I'm a bit confused with the .tex doc found in src/athena/auth/krb5/doc. I have tried to compile it with latex and for some reason, it doesn't work. The lates compiler asks for some numbers. I have spent some time reading tex documentation and I have tried other tex compilers but my goal is to learn Kerberos, not tex.

Is there anywhere any release of the Kerberos doc in an other form or could anyone send it to me in a ps, html, pdf or even dvi format, please?

Best regards

Re: pb with .tex doc

SFBZH
"Christopher D. Clausen" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [hidden email] wrote:
> > Is there anywhere any release of the Kerberos doc in an other form or
> > could anyone send it to me in a ps, html, pdf or even dvi format,
> > please?
>
> http://web.mit.edu/kerberos/
>
> There is a section labeled "Documentation."  I'd suggest looking there.

Thanks for that but it's not really what I'm looking for. In fact, I'm working on kerberos GSSAPI. I have a client-server application. I want to build a kerberized service in my server and to include a kerberos client in my client application. The documents on MIT Kerberos home page describe the way to set up and maintain a kerberos environment on a network but I have not found specific informations about the API primitives and the way to use them. The exemple applications in /src/athena/auth/krb5/src/appl/ are very usefull but some API specification would be welcome. That's why I try to read those tex files.

RE: pb with .tex doc

SFBZH
Hello, me again.

I'll try to be more explicit:
I have tried to compile the .tex documents released with MIT Kerberos. You can find them in download/sources and binaries from MIT/MIT kerberos for windows 2.6.5/sources or in documentation/documentation for the krb5-1.4.1/documentation tarball. I think that those .tex documents are also released with other kerberos distributions.

You can find some of these .tex documents converted into html pages in the MIT Kerberos documentation pages but the documents about the api are not there.

I have tried to compile texinfo.tex and some documents in the api directory but I have never managed to get some readable object. The programs I used are Miktes, latex, tex2rtf, tex2html and tex2txt. Some of these programs probably use the same compiler.

My objectif is to obtain a readable version of this documents. If someone knows how I can compile these documents, where I can find them converted in an other format or if someone has already converted then and can send them to me, help would be very appreciated.

Thank you.

Re: pb with .tex doc

Rachel Elizabeth Dillon
What happens if you go into the krb5-1.4.1/doc/api/ directory and run

% make

at your shell prompt? I'm assuming you're running some variant of UNIX
here. I'm on Debian stable, and when I do that, I get a file called
library.dvi that has 71 pages of documnetation that, at a cursory glance,
looks like what you want.

If that doesn't work for you, what errors do you get, and what type of
system are you on?

Hope this helps,

-r.