monitoring ccache access?

John Devitofranceschi-2

Has anyone ever developed a way to monitor/report on ccache file read access?

It seems like one could do something clever with auditd on Linux, but I’d be interested in hearing any war stories folks might have about this sort of thing.

jd

Re: monitoring ccache access?

Robbie Harwood
John Devitofranceschi <[hidden email]> writes:

> Has anyone ever developed a way to monitor/report on ccache file read
> access?
>
> It seems like one could do something clever with auditd on Linux, but
> I’d be interested in hearing any war stories folks might have about
> this sort of thing.

If you're using KCM, at least sssd-kcm will log that already (assuming
the log level is high enough).  That's probably the easiest route (I'd
have to think more for other ccache types).

Thanks,
--Robbie