mixing sun solaris's rpc with mit's rpc

Fariba-2
has anybody used sun's rpc  and mit's rpc in a kerborised application?
the mit's rpc (gssrpc)  is to be used for encrypted  communication and
the sun's rpc is used for non-encrypted communication. we have such a
program but we want to upgrade to 5-1.4.1 version of kerberos,  but the
header files are quite different now and we run into compilation issues.
whereas we did not have a problem with prior kerberos releases. we use
solaris 2.6 , 2.8 and 2.9. also anybody ever used sun's rpc and kerberos
to  communicate with  mit's kerberos server? i appreciate the help very
much. thank you.

Re: mixing sun solaris's rpc with mit's rpc

hartmans
It is almost certain that the same source file will not be able to
include both MIT's RPC and Sun's RPC.

Re: mixing sun solaris's rpc with mit's rpc

Fariba-2
maybe i was not clear enough. the server is mit rpc/gssrpc and the
clients are both sun rpc and mit rpc/gssrpc. the main thing is how mit
gssrpc include files have changed and causing compilation errors.
Sam Hartman wrote:

>It is almost certain that the same source file will not be able to
>include both MIT's RPC and Sun's RPC.

Re: mixing sun solaris's rpc with mit's rpc

Fariba-2
hostent in netdb.h seems to be changed to rpcent in  mit 1.4.1
gssrpc/netdb.h.  in our routins we assign sockaddr_in.s_addr to
hostent.h_addr. rpcent does not have a such entry!

Kevin Coffman wrote:

>>has anybody used sun's rpc  and mit's rpc in a kerborised application?
>>the mit's rpc (gssrpc)  is to be used for encrypted  communication and
>>the sun's rpc is used for non-encrypted communication. we have such a
>>program but we want to upgrade to 5-1.4.1 version of kerberos,  but the
>>header files are quite different now and we run into compilation issues.
>>whereas we did not have a problem with prior kerberos releases. we use
>>solaris 2.6 , 2.8 and 2.9. also anybody ever used sun's rpc and kerberos
>>to  communicate with  mit's kerberos server? i appreciate the help very
>>much. thank you.
>>

>Are you talking about differences between 1.3.x rpc headers and
>1.4.1 headers?
>
>What kind of problems are you having?  I'm looking at changes to our
>version of the rpc library which we need for NFSv4.

Re: mixing sun solaris's rpc with mit's rpc

Fariba-2
plus comparing solaris's netdb.h with the mit's: what should we replace
gethostbyname, etc?