libverto.so.0

Yegui Cai
Hi.
I built kdc from source code. When I run kadmind it complains the missing
dependency of libverto.so.0. My machine has libverto.so.1. Would it work if
i create a softlink to libverto.so.1?

Thanks!
YC

Re: libverto.so.0

Greg Hudson
On 1/7/19 10:29 AM, Yegui Cai wrote:
> I built kdc from source code. When I run kadmind it complains the missing
> dependency of libverto.so.0. My machine has libverto.so.1. Would it work if
> i create a softlink to libverto.so.1?

Not necessarily.

Did you run "make install" at any point?  libverto.so.0 should be in the
install tree along with the other libraries, and in the run-time library
path for kadmind.  You can set a path prefix for the installation using
the --prefix configure flag.

You can also rebuild using the system verto by making sure that the
verto development package is installed (libverto-dev on Debian/Ubuntu),
along with pkg-config.  At configure time for the krb5 tree, make sure
it says "Using system libverto" instead of "Using built-in libverto".
(Configuring with the --with-system-verto flag will make configure error
out rather than falling back to the built-in verto.)

Re: libverto.so.0

Yegui Cai
Yes. I did run "make install"

In fact, by default, at the configuration stage, system libverto will be
used based on the output.

How can I not to use the system verto?

Thanks for your help!

On 1/7/19 11:12 AM, Yegui Cai wrote:
> Yes. I did run "make install"
>
> In fact, by default, at the configuration stage, system libverto will be
> used based on the output.
>
> How can I not to use the system verto?

You can configure with --without-system-verto, but it might be better to
figure out why a libverto.so.0 dependency was created at link time.
That shouldn't have happened if the built-in libverto wasn't used.

To figure this out, you could look for libverto.so.0 files in the build
tree (or elsewhere on the system), run 'ldd' against the kadmind binary,
and maybe look at the kadmind link line as reported by make to see where
it's looking for libraries.