[krbdev.mit.edu #8853] cpw -pw <space-in-the-password> user

[krbdev.mit.edu #8853] cpw -pw <space-in-the-password> user

Greg Hudson via RT-2

Within a kadmin.local prompt, the only way to include spaces in an argument is
to use a double-quoted string: cpw -pw "space in the password" user

Double quotes can be included in such a password by repeating them: cpw -pw
"spaces and ""quotes"" in the password" user

Starting with release 1.14, you can also specify a command on the kadmin.local
command line, and let the shell separate arguments: kadmin.local cpw -pw 'space
in the password' user

The kadmin man page doesn't appear to document quoted arguments (other than the
command-line option I mentioned last), so I'll leave this ticket open and
change its subject to indicate that the documentation should be amended.

ktutil uses the same library as kadmin to handle argument parsing, and also
needs its man page amended.