[krbdev.mit.edu #3247] Compile problem with SuSE 9.3 professional

[krbdev.mit.edu #3247] Compile problem with SuSE 9.3 professional

""Hildebrand
Hi,

on a SuSE 9.3 professional-system we get an compile-error (after successful
configure):

  krb5-1.4.3/src/appl/telnet/telnet/telnet.c:783: undefined reference to
`tgetent'

After doing a little search tgetent seems to belong to the termcap-package,
which was not installed on the system. After installing the termcap-rpm
(which includes/usr/include/termcap/termcap.h where tgetent is defined) and
re-doing the configure, we still get the same error message.

I found similar pleas for help about missing tgetent for other compilations
(not Kerberos) on SuSE Linux, but did not see any solutions for that
problem.

Any ideas?

Kind regards,

Nils Hildebrand
Referent

Re: [krbdev.mit.edu #3247] Compile problem with SuSE 9.3 professional

Greg Hudson via RT
I think you want to install the ncurses development filesnot the
termcap package.