-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
The MIT Kerberos Team announces the availability of MIT Kerberos 5
Release 1.18. Please see below for a list of some major changes
included, or consult the README file in the source tree for a more
detailed list of significant changes.
RETRIEVING KERBEROS 5 RELEASE 1.18
You may retrieve the Kerberos 5 Release 1.18 source from the
(The distribution URL has changed from previous releases. The same
contents are available at the old URL.)
The homepage for the krb5-1.18 release is:
Further information about Kerberos 5 may be found at the following
and at the MIT Kerberos Consortium web site:
DES no longer supported
Beginning with the krb5-1.18 release, single-DES encryption types are
no longer supported.
Major changes in 1.18 (2020-02-12)
* Remove support for single-DES encryption types.
* Change the replay cache format to be more efficient and robust.
Replay cache filenames using the new format end with ".rcache2" by
* setuid programs will automatically ignore environment variables that
normally affect krb5 API functions, even if the caller does not use
* Add an "enforce_ok_as_delegate" krb5.conf relation to disable
credential forwarding during GSSAPI authentication unless the KDC
sets the ok-as-delegate bit in the service ticket.
* Use the permitted_enctypes krb5.conf setting as the default value
for default_tkt_enctypes and default_tgs_enctypes.
* Implement krb5_cc_remove_cred() for all credential cache types.
* Add the krb5_pac_get_client_info() API to get the client account
name from a PAC.
* Add KDC support for S4U2Self requests where the user is identified
by X.509 certificate. (Requires support for certificate lookup from
a third-party KDB module.)
* Remove support for an old ("draft 9") variant of PKINIT.
* Add support for Microsoft NegoEx. (Requires one or more third-party
GSS modules implementing NegoEx mechanisms.)
* Honor the transited-policy-checked ticket flag on application
servers, eliminating the requirement to configure capaths on
servers in some scenarios.
* Add support for "dns_canonicalize_hostname=fallback""`, causing
host-based principal names to be tried first without DNS
canonicalization, and again with DNS canonicalization if the
un-canonicalized server is not found.
* Expand single-component hostnames in host-based principal names when
DNS canonicalization is not used, adding the system's first DNS
search path as a suffix. Add a "qualify_shortname" krb5.conf
relation to override this suffix or disable expansion.
* The libkrb5 serialization code (used to export and import krb5 GSS
security contexts) has been simplified and made type-safe.
* The libkrb5 code for creating KRB-PRIV, KRB-SAFE, and KRB-CRED
messages has been revised to conform to current coding practices.
* The test suite has been modified to work with macOS System Integrity
* The test suite incorporates soft-pkcs11 so that PKINIT PKCS11
support can always be tested.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
kerberos-announce mailing list
|Free forum by Nabble||Edit this page|