-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
The MIT Kerberos Team announces the availability of MIT Kerberos 5
Release 1.13. Please see below for a list of some major changes
included, or consult the README file in the source tree for a more
detailed list of significant changes.
RETRIEVING KERBEROS 5 RELEASE 1.13
You may retrieve the Kerberos 5 Release 1.13 source from the
More information about the krb5-1.13 release is at:
Further information about Kerberos 5 may be found at the following
and at the MIT Kerberos Consortium web site:
The Data Encryption Standard (DES) is widely recognized as weak. The
krb5-1.7 release contains measures to encourage sites to migrate away
- From using single-DES cryptosystems. Among these is a configuration
variable that enables "weak" enctypes, which defaults to "false"
beginning with krb5-1.8.
Major changes in 1.13 (2014-10-15)
* Add support for accessing KDCs via an HTTPS proxy server using the
* Add support for hierarchical incremental propagation, where slaves
can act as intermediates between an upstream master and other
* Add support for configuring GSS mechanisms using
/etc/gss/mech.d/*.conf files in addition to /etc/gss/mech.
* Add support to the LDAP KDB module for binding to the LDAP server
* The KDC listens for TCP connections by default.
* Fix a minor key disclosure vulnerability where using the "keepold"
option to the kadmin randkey operation could return the old keys.
* Add client support for the Kerberos Cache Manager protocol. If the
host is running a Heimdal kcm daemon, caches served by the daemon
can be accessed with the KCM: cache type.
* When built on OS X 10.7 and higher, use "KCM:" as the default cache
type, unless overridden by command-line options or krb5-config
* Add support for doing unlocked database dumps for the DB2 KDC back
end, which would allow the KDC and kadmind to continue accessing the
database during lengthy database dumps.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
kerberos-announce mailing list
krbdev mailing list [hidden email]
|Free forum by Nabble||Edit this page|