kpropd's runonce mode

John Devitofranceschi

It seems like somewhere between 1.8.2 and 1.11, the undocumented '-t' option to kpropd stopped working.

Was that intentional?

With 1.13.1 (master & slave, both), running kpropd -t on the slave only gets me a principal.ulog file. Normal incremental propagation works fine otherwise.

While I do have a use-case for this, I can deal with it not working anymore, so I'm just curious.

jd

Re: kpropd's runonce mode

Greg Hudson
On 03/22/2015 06:12 PM, John Devitofranceschi wrote:
> It seems like somewhere between 1.8.2 and 1.11, the undocumented '-t' option to kpropd stopped working.
>
> Was that intentional?

There was an intentional change in behavior for kpropd -t for
incremental propagation:

https://github.com/krb5/krb5/commit/f1c85fbb0ab9e62b2790647b2681aec4d5fa4585

I believe the intent is that it queries the master once for changes,
applies them, and exits.  It doesn't look like it currently works for
full resyncs, which may be a bug introduced in later changes.