kpasswd - soft error

Roman Sommer
hello,

I'm trying to change my Windows 2003 Active Directory password using kpasswd.
I always end up with a "Soft error".

kpasswd --version
kpasswd (Heimdal 0.6.1rc3)
on Novell Linux Desktop 9 (SP2)

if the password expires or I manually set the [x] user must change
password on next login flag the changing process works flawlessly...

any hints?

best regards,
Roman Sommer

Re: kpasswd - soft error

Anders Magnusson
On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 10:14:29 +0100 Roman Sommer wrote:

> hello,
>
> I'm trying to change my Windows 2003 Active Directory password using kpasswd.
> I always end up with a "Soft error".
>
> kpasswd --version
> kpasswd (Heimdal 0.6.1rc3)
> on Novell Linux Desktop 9 (SP2)
>
> if the password expires or I manually set the [x] user must change
> password on next login flag the changing process works flawlessly...
>
> any hints?

The error message "Soft error" usually means that the password is not
secure enough (do not follow the AD password requirements).

-- Ragge