[kitten] SAnon kitten adoption

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[kitten] SAnon kitten adoption

Luke Howard
Hi everyone,

Have addressed a few things in the most recent SAnon draft –


Is there any interest in seeing this adopted by Kitten?

Cheers,
Luke

Luke Howard

_______________________________________________
Kitten mailing list
[hidden email]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/kitten
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [kitten] SAnon kitten adoption

Jeffrey Altman-2
SAnon will be implemented in Heimdal.  I would be interested in seeing
it adaopted by Kitten as a standards track document.

Jeffrey Altman

On 4/25/2020 11:46 PM, Luke Howard wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Have addressed a few things in the most recent SAnon draft –
>
> https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-howard-gss-sanon-12
>
> Is there any interest in seeing this adopted by Kitten?
>
> Cheers,
> Luke
>
> Luke Howard
> web <http://lukehoward.com/> / facebook
> <https://www.facebook.com/lukehowardmusic> / instagram
> <http://instagram.com/lukehowardmusic/> / spotify
> <https://open.spotify.com/artist/3duTXsC49HoPt4f4EySDKf>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Kitten mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/kitten
>

_______________________________________________
Kitten mailing list
[hidden email]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/kitten

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [kitten] SAnon kitten adoption

Nico Williams
On Sun, Apr 26, 2020 at 12:02:16AM -0400, Jeffrey Altman wrote:
> SAnon will be implemented in Heimdal.  I would be interested in seeing
> it adaopted by Kitten as a standards track document.

Me too.

Nico
--

_______________________________________________
Kitten mailing list
[hidden email]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/kitten
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [kitten] SAnon kitten adoption

Robbie Harwood
In reply to this post by Luke Howard
Luke Howard <lukeh=[hidden email]> writes:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Have addressed a few things in the most recent SAnon draft –
>
> https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-howard-gss-sanon-12 <https://tools.ietf..org/html/draft-howard-gss-sanon-12>
>
> Is there any interest in seeing this adopted by Kitten?

I hear three voices in favor and none against.  So if you've objections,
please voice them; otherwise I think we have consensus to adopt.  (I'll
wait a couple days then start that process.)

We don't need to settle this now, but at some point this document will
need a shepherd to advance.  Just something to keep in mind if anyone's
interested in doing that.

Thanks,
--Robbie

_______________________________________________
Kitten mailing list
[hidden email]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/kitten

signature.asc (847 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [kitten] SAnon kitten adoption

Robbie Harwood
In reply to this post by Nico Williams
Nico Williams <[hidden email]> writes:

> On Sun, Apr 26, 2020 at 12:02:16AM -0400, Jeffrey Altman wrote:
>
>> SAnon will be implemented in Heimdal.  I would be interested in seeing
>> it adaopted by Kitten as a standards track document.
>
> Me too.

Hearing no objections, seeing voices in favor, and an implementation for
Heimdal, SAnon has been adopted for work in kitten and is now known as
draft-ietf-kitten-gss-sanon.

Thanks,
--Robbie

_______________________________________________
Kitten mailing list
[hidden email]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/kitten

signature.asc (847 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [kitten] SAnon kitten adoption

Jeffrey Altman-2
On 5/5/2020 5:00 PM, Robbie Harwood wrote:

> Nico Williams <[hidden email]> writes:
>
>> On Sun, Apr 26, 2020 at 12:02:16AM -0400, Jeffrey Altman wrote:
>>
>>> SAnon will be implemented in Heimdal.  I would be interested in seeing
>>> it adaopted by Kitten as a standards track document.
>>
>> Me too.
>
> Hearing no objections, seeing voices in favor, and an implementation for
> Heimdal, SAnon has been adopted for work in kitten and is now known as
> draft-ietf-kitten-gss-sanon.
Thank you Robbie.

There is also an implementation as a mechanism plugin for MIT that works
with RHEL7/8.

Jeffrey Altman



_______________________________________________
Kitten mailing list
[hidden email]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/kitten

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [kitten] SAnon kitten adoption

Luke Howard
So – how do we move this forward? I realise I probably need to update to request an IANA assignment if it’s going to be standards track.

Luke Howard

On 6 May 2020, at 8:26 am, Jeffrey Altman <[hidden email]> wrote:

On 5/5/2020 5:00 PM, Robbie Harwood wrote:
Nico Williams <[hidden email]> writes:

On Sun, Apr 26, 2020 at 12:02:16AM -0400, Jeffrey Altman wrote:

SAnon will be implemented in Heimdal.  I would be interested in seeing
it adaopted by Kitten as a standards track document.

Me too.

Hearing no objections, seeing voices in favor, and an implementation for
Heimdal, SAnon has been adopted for work in kitten and is now known as
draft-ietf-kitten-gss-sanon.

Thank you Robbie.

There is also an implementation as a mechanism plugin for MIT that works
with RHEL7/8.

Jeffrey Altman


_______________________________________________
Kitten mailing list
[hidden email]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/kitten


_______________________________________________
Kitten mailing list
[hidden email]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/kitten
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [kitten] SAnon kitten adoption

Luke Howard
Just gently nudging this along :)

I’ll update for IANA assignments soon.

On 13 May 2020, at 12:21 pm, Luke Howard <[hidden email]> wrote:

So – how do we move this forward? I realise I probably need to update to request an IANA assignment if it’s going to be standards track.

Luke Howard

On 6 May 2020, at 8:26 am, Jeffrey Altman <[hidden email]> wrote:

On 5/5/2020 5:00 PM, Robbie Harwood wrote:
Nico Williams <[hidden email]> writes:

On Sun, Apr 26, 2020 at 12:02:16AM -0400, Jeffrey Altman wrote:

SAnon will be implemented in Heimdal.  I would be interested in seeing
it adaopted by Kitten as a standards track document.

Me too.

Hearing no objections, seeing voices in favor, and an implementation for
Heimdal, SAnon has been adopted for work in kitten and is now known as
draft-ietf-kitten-gss-sanon.

Thank you Robbie.

There is also an implementation as a mechanism plugin for MIT that works
with RHEL7/8.

Jeffrey Altman


_______________________________________________
Kitten mailing list
[hidden email]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/kitten

_______________________________________________
Kitten mailing list
[hidden email]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/kitten


_______________________________________________
Kitten mailing list
[hidden email]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/kitten