[kitten] New SPAKE Preauthentication Draft

[kitten] New SPAKE Preauthentication Draft

Nathaniel McCallum-5
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mccallum-kitten-krb-spake-preauth/

There have been many updates to the draft over the last year. I
believe this latest draft has incorporated all of the previous
suggestions. We have made many other improvements as well. Work has
begun implementing this draft in the MIT codebase.

Re: [kitten] New SPAKE Preauthentication Draft

Benjamin Kaduk-2
On Mon, Dec 12, 2016 at 05:50:28PM -0500, Nathaniel McCallum wrote:
> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mccallum-kitten-krb-spake-preauth/
>
> There have been many updates to the draft over the last year. I
> believe this latest draft has incorporated all of the previous
> suggestions. We have made many other improvements as well. Work has
> begun implementing this draft in the MIT codebase.

As a reminder, the chairs would like to be able to have the working group take
on exciting new work like this (which seems to be a strong candidate for adoption
once adoption is opened up), but we would really like to advance another document
to the IESG before adopting additional WG documents.  Right now the best way
interested parties could help would be to review draft-ietf-kitten-rfc5653bis
-- one more positive review should be enough for us to be willing to declare
WG consensus.  Thanks to all who have already reviewed that document and others!