[kitten] I-D Action: draft-ietf-kitten-rfc5653bis-04.txt

[kitten] I-D Action: draft-ietf-kitten-rfc5653bis-04.txt

Internet-Drafts

This draft is a work item of the Common Authentication Technology Next Generation of the IETF.

        Title           : Generic Security Service API Version 2: Java Bindings Update
        Authors         : Mayank D. Upadhyay
                          Seema Malkani
                          Wang Weijun
        Filename        : draft-ietf-kitten-rfc5653bis-04.txt
        Pages           : 96
        Date            : 2016-12-05

Abstract:
   The Generic Security Services Application Program Interface (GSS-API)
   offers application programmers uniform access to security services
   atop a variety of underlying cryptographic mechanisms.  This document
   updates the Java bindings for the GSS-API that are specified in
   "Generic Security Service API Version 2 : Java Bindings Update" (RFC
   5653).  This document obsoletes RFC 5653 by adding a new output token
   field to the GSSException class so that when the initSecContext or
   acceptSecContext methods of the GSSContext class fails it has a
   chance to emit an error token which can be sent to the peer for
   debugging or informational purpose.  The stream-based GSSContext
   methods are also removed in this version.

   The GSS-API is described at a language-independent conceptual level
   in "Generic Security Service Application Program Interface Version 2,
   Update 1" (RFC 2743).  The GSS-API allows a caller application to
   authenticate a principal identity, to delegate rights to a peer, and
   to apply security services such as confidentiality and integrity on a
   per-message basis.  Examples of security mechanisms defined for GSS-
   API are "The Simple Public-Key GSS-API Mechanism" (RFC 2025) and "The
   Kerberos Version 5 Generic Security Service Application Program
   Interface (GSS-API) Mechanism: Version 2" (RFC 4121).

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-kitten-rfc5653bis/

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-kitten-rfc5653bis-04

https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-kitten-rfc5653bis-04

ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Re: [kitten] I-D Action: draft-ietf-kitten-rfc5653bis-04.txt

Benjamin Kaduk-2
This is just a no-change rebuild to un-expire the document.

-Ben

On Mon, Dec 05, 2016 at 03:46:23PM -0800, [hidden email] wrote:

> This draft is a work item of the Common Authentication Technology Next Generation of the IETF.
>
>         Title           : Generic Security Service API Version 2: Java Bindings Update
>         Authors         : Mayank D. Upadhyay
>                           Seema Malkani
>                           Wang Weijun
> Filename        : draft-ietf-kitten-rfc5653bis-04.txt
> Pages           : 96
> Date            : 2016-12-05

[...]

> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-kitten-rfc5653bis/

> https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-kitten-rfc5653bis-04

> https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-kitten-rfc5653bis-04

> ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Re: [kitten] I-D Action: draft-ietf-kitten-rfc5653bis-04.txt

Nico Williams
On Mon, Dec 05, 2016 at 05:47:31PM -0600, Benjamin Kaduk wrote:
> This is just a no-change rebuild to un-expire the document.

I've reviewed the whole thing.  I have no comments other than that I
approve.  Let's get it published.

Nico

On Wed, Feb 15, 2017 at 08:30:37PM -0600, Nico Williams wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 05, 2016 at 05:47:31PM -0600, Benjamin Kaduk wrote:
> > This is just a no-change rebuild to un-expire the document.
>
> I've reviewed the whole thing.  I have no comments other than that I
> approve.  Let's get it published.

Thanks, Nico.

With that, I think we can conclude that this document has WG
consensus and proceed to move it forward.  That should leave
some room for us to pick up some new work, which is quite exciting!