[kitten] I-D Action: draft-ietf-kitten-krb-spake-preauth-03.txt

[kitten] I-D Action: draft-ietf-kitten-krb-spake-preauth-03.txt

Internet-Drafts

This draft is a work item of the Common Authentication Technology Next Generation WG of the IETF.

        Title           : SPAKE Pre-Authentication
        Authors         : Nathaniel McCallum
                          Simo Sorce
                          Robbie Harwood
                          Greg Hudson
        Filename        : draft-ietf-kitten-krb-spake-preauth-03.txt
        Pages           : 31
        Date            : 2017-11-30

Abstract:
   This document defines a new pre-authentication mechanism for the
   Kerberos protocol that uses a password authenticated key exchange.
   This document has three goals.  First, increase the security of
   Kerberos pre-authentication exchanges by making offline brute-force
   attacks infeasible.  Second, enable the use of second factor
   authentication without relying on FAST.  This is achieved using the
   existing trust relationship established by the shared first factor.
   Third, make Kerberos pre-authentication more resilient against time
   synchronization errors by removing the need to transfer an encrypted
   timestamp from the client.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-kitten-krb-spake-preauth/

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-kitten-krb-spake-preauth-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-kitten-krb-spake-preauth-03

https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-kitten-krb-spake-preauth-03

ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Re: [kitten] I-D Action: draft-ietf-kitten-krb-spake-preauth-03.txt

Greg Hudson
On 11/30/2017 01:00 PM, [hidden email] wrote:
> https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-kitten-krb-spake-preauth-03
> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-kitten-krb-spake-preauth-03

With this update, I (once again) believe we are at a point where it
makes sense to assign a padata type number.  Ben, can you make a request
to IANA for this?

Re: [kitten] I-D Action: draft-ietf-kitten-krb-spake-preauth-03.txt

Benjamin Kaduk-2
On Mon, Dec 04, 2017 at 11:00:35AM -0500, Greg Hudson wrote:
> > https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-kitten-krb-spake-preauth-03
> > https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-kitten-krb-spake-preauth-03
>
> With this update, I (once again) believe we are at a point where it
> makes sense to assign a padata type number.  Ben, can you make a request
> to IANA for this?

I've asked Ekr to approve the request (it's recommended that I get
AD approval before talking to IANA, since they're just going to come
back and ask for it), so hopefully the process will get into motion
soon.