[kitten] [FEEDBACK REQUEST] "Birds of a Feather (BOF)" on Email Security

[kitten] [FEEDBACK REQUEST] "Birds of a Feather (BOF)" on Email Security

Michael Peddemors
It was suggested I cross post to these list(s), with only a few days
left before the deadline for requesting a "Birds of a Feather" session,
I am proposing that a meeting be held in Vancouver for a BOF suggestion
surrounding all those that are interested in solving problems around
email security.

Specifically, to determine how wide or narrow the scope of such a
session should be.. we can discuss how IETF can weigh in some of our
largest threats (such as POP and SMTP authentication over unencrypted
networks is still enshrined in RFC's) various proposals for multi-factor
authentication, improvements to the protocols to support other methods,
such as our own CLIENTID as trust factors, access control tools, or two
factor authentication, and any other topics that span across all email
protocols.

Email security is one of the largest threats today, and it is an
opportunity to weigh in what role the IETF can play in improving the
situation.

The thread is posted on the '[hidden email]' mailing list, and would like
to see your feedback on what other cross protocol issues might be
included, and or discussed as part of this BOF.

And of course, please feel free to chime in if you feel that this BOF
should be more narrowly focused, or wider focused.

        -- Michael --

PS, Look forward to seeing everyone in Vancouver.

--
"Catch the Magic of Linux..."
Visit us at http://www.linuxmagic.com @linuxmagic

"Catch the Magic of Linux..."
Visit us at http://www.linuxmagic.com @linuxmagic

Re: [kitten] [FEEDBACK REQUEST] "Birds of a Feather (BOF)" on Email Security

Robbie Harwood
Michael Peddemors <[hidden email]> writes:

> It was suggested I cross post to these list(s), with only a few days
> left before the deadline for requesting a "Birds of a Feather"
> session, I am proposing that a meeting be held in Vancouver for a BOF
> suggestion surrounding all those that are interested in solving
> problems around email security.
>
> Specifically, to determine how wide or narrow the scope of such a
> session should be.. we can discuss how IETF can weigh in some of our
> largest threats (such as POP and SMTP authentication over unencrypted
> networks is still enshrined in RFC's) various proposals for
> multi-factor authentication, improvements to the protocols to support
> other methods, such as our own CLIENTID as trust factors, access
> control tools, or two factor authentication, and any other topics that
> span across all email protocols.
>
> Email security is one of the largest threats today, and it is an
> opportunity to weigh in what role the IETF can play in improving the
> situation.
>
> The thread is posted on the '[hidden email]' mailing list, and would like
> to see your feedback on what other cross protocol issues might be
> included, and or discussed as part of this BOF.
>
> And of course, please feel free to chime in if you feel that this BOF
> should be more narrowly focused, or wider focused.
>
> -- Michael --
>
> PS, Look forward to seeing everyone in Vancouver.
Hi, thanks for reaching out!  kitten does not plan to hold a session in
Vancouver, so I don't know how many of us will be present, but I hope
the BoF goes well.

Thanks,
--Robbie
--