[kitten] Call for adoption: draft-mccallum-kitten-krb-service-discovery

[kitten] Call for adoption: draft-mccallum-kitten-krb-service-discovery

Benjamin Kaduk-2
Hi all,

This message begins a two-week call for adoption of
draft-mccallum-kitten-krb-service-discovery (the current version of which is
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mccallum-kitten-krb-service-discovery-03).

Though to some extent the document is documenting an existing deployment,
there may be value to be gained from having WG approval of a mechanism
perceived as a general improvement to the kerberos protocol.

Please send messages of support, opposition, and other comments to the
WG list.

For the chairs,

Ben

Re: [kitten] Call for adoption: draft-mccallum-kitten-krb-service-discovery

Benjamin Kaduk-2
On Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 08:12:45PM -0600, Benjamin Kaduk wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> This message begins a two-week call for adoption of
> draft-mccallum-kitten-krb-service-discovery (the current version of which is
> https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mccallum-kitten-krb-service-discovery-03).
>
> Though to some extent the document is documenting an existing deployment,
> there may be value to be gained from having WG approval of a mechanism
> perceived as a general improvement to the kerberos protocol.
>
> Please send messages of support, opposition, and other comments to the
> WG list.

With no hats, I support adopting this document.

On 01/24/2017 09:12 PM, Benjamin Kaduk wrote:
> This message begins a two-week call for adoption of
> draft-mccallum-kitten-krb-service-discovery (the current version of which is
> https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mccallum-kitten-krb-service-discovery-03).

I support adopting this document.

Re: [kitten] FINAL WEEK: Call for adoption: draft-mccallum-kitten-krb-service-discovery

Reminder: there is one week left in this call for adoption.

-Ben

On Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 08:12:45PM -0600, Benjamin Kaduk wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> This message begins a two-week call for adoption of
> draft-mccallum-kitten-krb-service-discovery (the current version of which is
> https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mccallum-kitten-krb-service-discovery-03).
>
> Though to some extent the document is documenting an existing deployment,
> there may be value to be gained from having WG approval of a mechanism
> perceived as a general improvement to the kerberos protocol.
>
> Please send messages of support, opposition, and other comments to the
> WG list.
>
> For the chairs,
>
> Ben

Re: [kitten] Call for adoption: draft-mccallum-kitten-krb-service-discovery

Simo Sorce-3
On Tue, 2017-01-24 at 20:12 -0600, Benjamin Kaduk wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> This message begins a two-week call for adoption of
> draft-mccallum-kitten-krb-service-discovery (the current version of
> which is
> https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mccallum-kitten-krb-service-discove
> ry-03).
>
> Though to some extent the document is documenting an existing
> deployment,
> there may be value to be gained from having WG approval of a
> mechanism
> perceived as a general improvement to the kerberos protocol.
>
> Please send messages of support, opposition, and other comments to
> the
> WG list.

I support adopting this document.

Simo.

Re: [kitten] Call for adoption: draft-mccallum-kitten-krb-service-discovery

Matt Rogers
As co-author of the draft I support its adption.

Regards,
Matt

On Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 08:12:44PM -0600, Benjamin Kaduk wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> This message begins a two-week call for adoption of
> draft-mccallum-kitten-krb-service-discovery (the current version of which is
> https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mccallum-kitten-krb-service-discovery-03).
>
> Though to some extent the document is documenting an existing deployment,
> there may be value to be gained from having WG approval of a mechanism
> perceived as a general improvement to the kerberos protocol.
>
> Please send messages of support, opposition, and other comments to the
> WG list.

Thanks to all who replied.  There appears to be ample support for adopting
this document.  Nathaniel (or Matt), please submit a
draft-ietf-kitten-krb-service-discovery-00 at your convenience.

Substantive reviews of draft-mccallum-kitten-krb-service-discovery-03 are
also welcome in the interim, and would count towards our assessment of
whether there is working group consensus on the document in order to
move it forwards to the IESG.

Thanks,

Ben

Re: [kitten] Call for adoption: draft-mccallum-kitten-krb-service-discovery

Nathaniel McCallum-5
I have submitted the existing draft under the new name. Besides the
submission date and name, there were no other changes.