kinit coredump

Jason Brown-2
I am having a problem with kinit on AIX 4.3.3. I have compiled the
Kerberos 1.4.2 distro with IBM C compiler (Version 5) ... gcc 3.4.3 fails
because it cannot find threading support.  Used both gnu make, and IBM
make.
When I run kinit to test the install I get "Illegal Instruction,
(coredump)".  Any ideas ?

Jason Brown

Re: kinit coredump

Donn Cave
In article
<[hidden email]
om>,
 [hidden email] (Jason Brown) wrote:

> I am having a problem with kinit on AIX 4.3.3. I have compiled the
> Kerberos 1.4.2 distro with IBM C compiler (Version 5) ... gcc 3.4.3 fails
> because it cannot find threading support.  Used both gnu make, and IBM
> make.
> When I run kinit to test the install I get "Illegal Instruction,
> (coredump)".  Any ideas ?

You have to find each configure file and, where it has
   *-*-aix5*)   , change that to  *-*-aix*)

Re-run configure, and make.  If it's still happening, something
went wrong - maybe old configuration, maybe missed a configure file.

IBM's implementation of some DNS functions uses a different size
state struct than the include files define, which guarantees memory
corruption when you try to use these functions.  The configure
script forestalls this on AIX 5, should also do so on AIX 4.

   Donn Cave, [hidden email]

Re: kinit coredump

Jason Brown-2
Kerberos 1.3.6 works, so I went with that. Thanks for the reply.

Jason Brown

Donn Cave <[hidden email]>
Sent by: [hidden email]
Friday,  08/26/2005 03:48 PM

cc

Subject
Re: kinit coredump

In article
<[hidden email]
om>,
 [hidden email] (Jason Brown) wrote:

> I am having a problem with kinit on AIX 4.3.3. I have compiled the
> Kerberos 1.4.2 distro with IBM C compiler (Version 5) ... gcc 3.4.3
fails
> because it cannot find threading support.  Used both gnu make, and IBM
> make.
> When I run kinit to test the install I get "Illegal Instruction,
> (coredump)".  Any ideas ?

You have to find each configure file and, where it has
   *-*-aix5*)   , change that to  *-*-aix*)

Re-run configure, and make.  If it's still happening, something
went wrong - maybe old configuration, maybe missed a configure file.

IBM's implementation of some DNS functions uses a different size
state struct than the include files define, which guarantees memory
corruption when you try to use these functions.  The configure
script forestalls this on AIX 5, should also do so on AIX 4.

   Donn Cave, [hidden email]

Re: kinit coredump

Tom Yu

Donn> You have to find each configure file and, where it has
Donn>    *-*-aix5*)   , change that to  *-*-aix*)

Donn> Re-run configure, and make.  If it's still happening, something
Donn> went wrong - maybe old configuration, maybe missed a configure file.

If this actually is the problem, please submit a bug report.  I wasn't
aware that AIX 4 has the same resolver library issues as AIX 5.

---Tom