kdc process using a lot of memory

Patrik Lundin
Hello,

I have a KDC running on Ubuntu with a fairly high amount of requests.
This machine has been running for 74 days and the kdc process is
currently using almost all of the 8GB RAM the machine has:

USER       PID %CPU %MEM    VSZ   RSS TTY      STAT START   TIME COMMAND
root       960  0.5 94.3 8649128 7638124 ?     S     2014 572:43 /usr/lib/heimdal-servers/kdc

This is an Ubuntu server using the package heimdal-kdc
1.6~git20131207+dfsg-1ubuntu1.

Anyone aware of memory leaks that have been fixed in newer code that
might solve this? Besides normal kinit logins I also use it for digest
authentication.

Regards,
Patrik Lundin

Re: kdc process using a lot of memory

GALAMBOS Daniel
Hi,

Yes, i have run in this problem, probably the same in
https://github.com/heimdal/heimdal/issues/93

In debian it is fixed in the bug 746486.

You probably want to open a bug in ubuntu, to see if they want to
backport the patch.

Galambos Daniel / Dancsa

On Mon, Feb 16, 2015 at 01:31:23PM +0100, GALAMBOS Daniel wrote:

> Yes, i have run in this problem, probably the same in
> https://github.com/heimdal/heimdal/issues/93
>
> In debian it is fixed in the bug 746486.
>
> You probably want to open a bug in ubuntu, to see if they want to
> backport the patch.

Thanks a lot for that information!

Based on that I have created a bug in launchpad with debdiff attached.
It can be found here:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/heimdal/+bug/1422359

Regards,
Patrik Lundin