kadmin question

Pascal Jakobi
Hi there

A quick question about kadmin support (context MIT : 1.10 - Centos 6.5).

I have successfully setup the KDC w/LDAP backend on a server and
everything is OK on that side.

On the clients, I am using DNS in order to simplify clients
configuration (dns_lookup_kdc, dns_lookup_realm = true).
This seems to work for locating the KDC, not for the admin server :
"kadmin: Missing parameters in krb5.conf required for kadmin client
while initializing kadmin interface" unless I setup the admin_server
explicitely  for my realm in /etc/krb5.conf.

I am aware that years ago DNS support for kadmin was not implemented
(found this through a google search). But hasn't this be fixed since then ?
Or would my LDAP backend be the cause of the issue ?

Thanks in advance
Pascal

Re: kadmin question

Benjamin Kaduk-2
On Wed, 31 Dec 2014, Pascal Jakobi wrote:

> I am aware that years ago DNS support for kadmin was not implemented
> (found this through a google search). But hasn't this be fixed since then ?
> Or would my LDAP backend be the cause of the issue ?

The situation with regard to DNS support for locating kadmin servers for a
given realm has not changed since your previous invesetigation; the LDAP
backend is unrelated.