kadmin: Cannot resolve network address for admin server in requested realm while initializing kadmin interface

kadmin: Cannot resolve network address for admin server in requested realm while initializing kadmin interface

Joaquín Silva
Hello,

I have this error when I try to generate credentials

kadmin -k -t /var/run/cloudera-scm-server/cmf4577544471076468855.keytab
-p cloudera-scm/admin@CLOUDERA -r CLOUDERA -q 'addprinc -maxrenewlife
"432000 sec" -randkey hue/quickstart.cloudera@CLOUDERA'
kadmin: Cannot resolve network address for admin server in requested
realm while initializing kadmin interface

This is my kerberos settings:

KDC Type: MIT KDC
default_realm: CLOUDERA
kdc: quickstart.cloudera
admin_server: cloudera-scm/admin
Kerberos Encryption Types: rc4-hmac

I'm running this command in the same host as the KDC, so I think is not a
network problem.

What could it be?

Regards,

Silva

Re: kadmin: Cannot resolve network address for admin server in requested realm while initializing kadmin interface

Greg Hudson
On 12/07/2018 12:52 PM, Joaquín Silva wrote:
> kadmin: Cannot resolve network address for admin server in requested
> realm while initializing kadmin interface

> admin_server: cloudera-scm/admin

admin_server should be the hostname where kadmind is running, not a
principal name.

Re: kadmin: Cannot resolve network address for admin server in requested realm while initializing kadmin interface

Joaquín Silva
It worked. Thanks!

El vie., 7 dic. 2018 a las 15:07, Greg Hudson (<[hidden email]>) escribió:

> On 12/07/2018 12:52 PM, Joaquín Silva wrote:
> > kadmin: Cannot resolve network address for admin server in requested
> > realm while initializing kadmin interface
>
> > admin_server: cloudera-scm/admin
>
> admin_server should be the hostname where kadmind is running, not a
> principal name.

Re: kadmin: Cannot resolve network address for admin server in requested realm while initializing kadmin interface

Robbie Harwood
Joaquín Silva <[hidden email]> writes:

> Kerberos Encryption Types: rc4-hmac

Now that the problem is solved, I'm obligated to point out that RC4 is
considered weak and deprecated: https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc8429
Migration to AES is suggested, where possible.

Thanks,
--Robbie