ipa-server

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

ipa-server

Mahmoud
Hello,
Could you help me, what problems NetworkManager can cause with FreeIPA and
the KDC?

best regards.
_______________________________________________
krbdev mailing list             [hidden email]
https://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/krbdev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: ipa-server

Dmitri Pal
On 02/01/2014 01:32 PM, Mahmoud wrote:

> Hello,
> Could you help me, what problems NetworkManager can cause with FreeIPA and
> the KDC?
>
> best regards.
> _______________________________________________
> krbdev mailing list             [hidden email]
> https://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/krbdev
>
>
This is probably a question for the freeipa-users list more than for the
Kerbdev.
Please specify your concerns and use cases. I do not think there are any
issues related to NetworkManager and FreeIPA KDC.
But It is really unclear what you asking about. Are you looking to have
some special network configuration? Anything special on the clients or
on the server?
I have NetworkManager on my laptop machine and Kerberos with SSSD works
fine with it for last 4 years since early version of SSSD.

--
Thank you,
Dmitri Pal

Sr. Engineering Manager for IdM portfolio
Red Hat Inc.


-------------------------------
Looking to carve out IT costs?
www.redhat.com/carveoutcosts/



_______________________________________________
krbdev mailing list             [hidden email]
https://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/krbdev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: ipa-server

Mahmoud
Hello,

Thank you for your attention.

The following commands are recommended to install freeipa. I would like to
know that could I install freeipa without following command?

chkconfig NetworkManager off; service NetworkManager stop
chkconfig NetworkManagerDispatcher off; service NetworkManagerDispatcher
stop
chkconfig network on; service network start

Best regards.

On Sat, Feb 1, 2014 at 10:24 PM, Dmitri Pal <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 02/01/2014 01:32 PM, Mahmoud wrote:
> > Hello,
> > Could you help me, what problems NetworkManager can cause with FreeIPA
> and
> > the KDC?
> >
> > best regards.
> > _______________________________________________
> > krbdev mailing list             [hidden email]
> > https://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/krbdev
> >
> >
> This is probably a question for the freeipa-users list more than for the
> Kerbdev.
> Please specify your concerns and use cases. I do not think there are any
> issues related to NetworkManager and FreeIPA KDC.
> But It is really unclear what you asking about. Are you looking to have
> some special network configuration? Anything special on the clients or
> on the server?
> I have NetworkManager on my laptop machine and Kerberos with SSSD works
> fine with it for last 4 years since early version of SSSD.
>
> --
> Thank you,
> Dmitri Pal
>
> Sr. Engineering Manager for IdM portfolio
> Red Hat Inc.
>
>
> -------------------------------
> Looking to carve out IT costs?
> www.redhat.com/carveoutcosts/
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> krbdev mailing list             [hidden email]
> https://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/krbdev
>
_______________________________________________
krbdev mailing list             [hidden email]
https://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/krbdev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: ipa-server

Dmitri Pal
On 02/02/2014 12:23 AM, Mahmoud wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Thank you for your attention.
>
> The following commands are recommended to install freeipa. I would
> like to know that could I install freeipa without following command?
>
> chkconfig NetworkManager off; service NetworkManager stop
> chkconfig NetworkManagerDispatcher off; service
> NetworkManagerDispatcher stop
> chkconfig network on; service network start

This recommendation is about 6 years old. In the past NetworkManager
under some conditions changed the hostname or IP of the machine causing
the IPA installation unusable. I do not think it is happening any more.
At least I have not heard about it for quite a while. This statement
should probably be removed from the documentation.
Ticket https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/4156

>
> Best regards.
>
> On Sat, Feb 1, 2014 at 10:24 PM, Dmitri Pal <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     On 02/01/2014 01:32 PM, Mahmoud wrote:
>     > Hello,
>     > Could you help me, what problems NetworkManager can cause with
>     FreeIPA and
>     > the KDC?
>     >
>     > best regards.
>     > _______________________________________________
>     > krbdev mailing list             [hidden email]
>     <mailto:[hidden email]>
>     > https://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/krbdev
>     >
>     >
>     This is probably a question for the freeipa-users list more than
>     for the
>     Kerbdev.
>     Please specify your concerns and use cases. I do not think there
>     are any
>     issues related to NetworkManager and FreeIPA KDC.
>     But It is really unclear what you asking about. Are you looking to
>     have
>     some special network configuration? Anything special on the clients or
>     on the server?
>     I have NetworkManager on my laptop machine and Kerberos with SSSD
>     works
>     fine with it for last 4 years since early version of SSSD.
>
>     --
>     Thank you,
>     Dmitri Pal
>
>     Sr. Engineering Manager for IdM portfolio
>     Red Hat Inc.
>
>
>     -------------------------------
>     Looking to carve out IT costs?
>     www.redhat.com/carveoutcosts/ <http://www.redhat.com/carveoutcosts/>
>
>
>
>     _______________________________________________
>     krbdev mailing list             [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
>     https://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/krbdev
>
>


--
Thank you,
Dmitri Pal

Sr. Engineering Manager for IdM portfolio
Red Hat Inc.


-------------------------------
Looking to carve out IT costs?
www.redhat.com/carveoutcosts/



_______________________________________________
krbdev mailing list             [hidden email]
https://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/krbdev