/etc/krb5.conf for IPV6

Yegui Cai
Hi,

It looks like we need to have brackets around IPV6 addresses inside
/etc/krb5.conf. Am I right? It is, why would that be the case?

Thanks,
Yegui

Re: /etc/krb5.conf for IPV6

Greg Hudson
On 11/6/19 2:57 PM, Yegui Cai wrote:
> It looks like we need to have brackets around IPV6 addresses inside
> /etc/krb5.conf. Am I right? It is, why would that be the case?

Yes, you do need brackets; see
http://web.mit.edu/kerberos/krb5-latest/doc/admin/conf_files/krb5_conf.html#realms
where "kdc" is documented.

The reason is that we use a colon to separate the address and port
number.  The same is true for the Apache httpd "Listen" directive.

Re: /etc/krb5.conf for IPV6

Yegui Cai
Ok, thanks!