/etc/default/krb5-admin-server: 'RUN_KADMIND=false' not possible anymore

/etc/default/krb5-admin-server: 'RUN_KADMIND=false' not possible anymore

Giuseppe Mazza
Dear All,

I want to install a new kerberos slave running on Ubuntu16.04.
I would like to prevent the service  krb5-admin-server running on the slave.

It seems to me that is not possible to set the variable
'RUN_KADMIND=true' in /etc/default/krb5-admin-server anymore.

I wonder if you could advice about the best way to do it.

Kind regards,
  Giuseppe

Re: /etc/default/krb5-admin-server: 'RUN_KADMIND=false' not possible anymore

Benjamin Kaduk-2
On Fri, Apr 20, 2018 at 11:22:03AM +0100, Giuseppe Mazza wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I want to install a new kerberos slave running on Ubuntu16.04.
> I would like to prevent the service  krb5-admin-server running on the slave.
>
> It seems to me that is not possible to set the variable
> 'RUN_KADMIND=true' in /etc/default/krb5-admin-server anymore.
>
> I wonder if you could advice about the best way to do it.

That's a Debian/Ubuntu-specific configuration file, so you should
file a bug at Ubuntu (or Debian, if you know it also applies there).

Does the behavior change perhaps coincide with a change of init
implementation?

Re: /etc/default/krb5-admin-server: 'RUN_KADMIND=false' not possible anymore

Russ Allbery-2
Giuseppe Mazza <[hidden email]> writes:

> I want to install a new kerberos slave running on Ubuntu16.04.  I would
> like to prevent the service krb5-admin-server running on the slave.

systemctl disable krb5-admin-server

--
Russ Allbery ([hidden email])              <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>