differentiating Heimdal and MIT libraries

differentiating Heimdal and MIT libraries

Nate Rosenblum
Hi all,

For several unpleasant reasons that I'll avoid going into, I need to
determine whether a Linux application is linking against the Heimdal or MIT
kerberos libraries at runtime. I'd hoped that I could use
http://web.mit.edu/kerberos/krb5-devel/doc/appdev/h5l_mit_apidiff.html, and
in particular the different signature of krb5_cccol_last_change_time, but
it turns out that this isn't an exported symbol for libkrb5.so.

Does anybody have a good technique for doing this?

Thanks in advance,

--nate

Re: differentiating Heimdal and MIT libraries

Brandon Allbery
On Tue, 2015-09-15 at 12:05 -0700, Nate Rosenblum wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> For several unpleasant reasons that I'll avoid going into, I need to
> determine whether a Linux application is linking against the Heimdal or MIT
> kerberos libraries at runtime. I'd hoped that I could use
> http://web.mit.edu/kerberos/krb5-devel/doc/appdev/h5l_mit_apidiff.html, and
> in particular the different signature of krb5_cccol_last_change_time, but
> it turns out that this isn't an exported symbol for libkrb5.so.
>
> Does anybody have a good technique for doing this?

dlsym(RTLD_DEFAULT, "heimdal_version") ?

--
brandon s allbery kf8nh                           sine nomine associates
[hidden email]                              [hidden email]

Re: differentiating Heimdal and MIT libraries

Nate Rosenblum

> > Does anybody have a good technique for doing this?
>
> dlsym(RTLD_DEFAULT, "heimdal_version") ?

Thanks; I hadn't dumped symbols from the heimdal .so, embarrassingly. This
works well.

--nate