ckermit on Mac OS 10.3.9 with Kerberos?

Ed Ravin
I want to build ckermit on Mac OS 10.3.9 (Panther) so that it will use
the same credentials as the built-in Kerberos.  After hacking away at
the ckermit make file, I came up with this:

cc  -o wermit \
        ckcmai.o ckclib.o ckutio.o ckufio.o \
        ckcfns.o ckcfn2.o ckcfn3.o ckuxla.o \
        ckcpro.o ckucmd.o ckuus2.o ckuus3.o \
        ckuus4.o ckuus5.o ckuus6.o ckuus7.o \
        ckuusx.o ckuusy.o ckuusr.o ckucns.o \
        ckudia.o ckuscr.o ckcnet.o ckusig.o \
        ckctel.o ckcuni.o ckupty.o ckcftp.o \
        ckuath.o ck_crp.o ck_ssl.o -lssl -lncurses -lresolv   -lgssapi_krb5
-lcrypto  -lcom_err
ld: Undefined symbols:
_gss_mech_krb5
_decode_krb5_ticket
_krb5_init_ets
_krb5_read_message
_krb5_write_message
make[1]: *** [xermit] Error 1
make: *** [macosx103+krb5] Error 2

What's weird is that those symbols are all defined in
/usr/lib/libgssapi_krb5.dylib:

 $ nm /usr/lib/libgssapi_krb5.dylib | egrep '_gss_mech_krb5|_decode_krb5_ticket|_krb5_init_ets|_krb5_write_message'
 94473284 t _decode_krb5_ticket
 a43d4ee4 s _gss_mech_krb5
 a43d4ee8 s _gss_mech_krb5_old
 9448e6f8 t _krb5_init_ets
 9446ff90 t _krb5_write_message

I'm new to Mac OS X, so I suspect I'm missing something about the way
linking works in this environment.  I also made the possibly-naive
assumption that I could link to the Mac OS X Kerberos libraries the
same way I would build with the MIT libraries, as the OS X Kerberos seems
to be a port of MIT.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

        -- Ed
--
Ed Ravin          | "The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as
                  |  well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the
 eravin@          |  streets, and to steal bread."
 panix.com        |               --Anatole France, Le Lys Rouge [1894]

Re: ckermit on Mac OS 10.3.9 with Kerberos?

Jeffrey Altman-3
Ed Ravin wrote:

> I'm new to Mac OS X, so I suspect I'm missing something about the way
> linking works in this environment.  I also made the possibly-naive
> assumption that I could link to the Mac OS X Kerberos libraries the
> same way I would build with the MIT libraries, as the OS X Kerberos seems
> to be a port of MIT.

C-Kermit does not build for MacOSX with Kerberos because it relies on
some interfaces and symbols which are considered private and are not
exported by the libraries.

I have placed an untested binary built on MacOS X at

  /afs/athena.mit.edu/user/j/a/jaltman/Public/kermit/kermit.macosx103.secure
  http://web.mit.edu/jaltman/Public/kermit/kermit.macosx103.secure

Unfortunately, source is not available.

gethostbyname, gethostbyaddr in kerberos 5-1.4.1

Fariba-2

where are the host commands in netdb.h of kerberos 5-1.4.1-gssrpc? how
can they be replaced?