Windows Client to auth against linux Kerberos server

Windows Client to auth against linux Kerberos server

Warrick FitzGerald
Hi All,

I'm taking in a login and password on a windows client app, and would
like to authenticate against a MIT Kerberos implementation.

I found the following site
http://web.mit.edu/kerberos/www/dist/#KFW2.6.5 which looks like it has
what I'm looking for.

To be more specific I'm trying to validate a user in a Apple
OpenDirectory environment, where I believe the Apple setup now uses the
MIT Kerberos system.

Can someone tell me if I'm on the correct track at least please?

Thanks
Warrick FitzGerald

Re: Windows Client to auth against linux Kerberos server

hartmans
Using KFW to talk to an Apple OpenDirectory server will work fine.
There are probably other solutions that will work too.

Assuming DNS is correctly configured (unlikely) you may just be able
to use SSPI calls on XP and above.