WGLC: Kitten PRF drafts

Jeffrey Altman
A two week working group last call is issued for the following Kitten
Working Group internet drafts:

        Title : A PRF API extension for the GSS-API
        Author(s) : N. Williams
        Filename : draft-ietf-kitten-gssapi-prf-04.txt
        Pages : 9
        Date : 2005-6-14

   This document defines a Pseudo-Random Function (PRF) extension to the
   Generic Security Service Application Programming Interface (GSS-API)
   for keying application protocols given an established GSS-API
   security context.  The primary intended use of this function is to
   key secure session layers that don't or cannot use GSS-API per-
   message MIC (message integrity check) and wrap tokens for session
   protection.

   A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-kitten-gssapi-prf-04.txt

        Title : A PRF for the Kerberos V GSS-API Mechanism
        Author(s) : N. Williams
        Filename : draft-ietf-kitten-krb5-gssapi-prf-04.txt
        Pages : 6
        Date : 2005-6-14

   This document defines the Pseudo-Random Function (PRF) for the
   Kerberos V mechanism for the Generic Security Service Application
   Programming Interface (GSS-API), based on the PRF defined for the
   Kerberos V cryptographic framework, for keying application protocols
   given an established Kerberos V GSS-API security context.

   A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-kitten-krb5-gssapi-prf-04.txt

WGLC Results

Jeffrey Altman
The WGLC for these documents ended on Wednesday.   The PRF for the
Kerberos V GSS-API Mechanism draft has passed last call.   The PRF API
extension for the GSS-API draft did not.

Nico will submit an updated draft for the PRF API extension and at that
time I will issue a one week WGLC on the changes.

I plan to submit both of these documents to the IESG once the PRF API
draft passes a WGLC.

Jeffrey Altman