Update config.guess and config.sub

Julien ÉLIE-2
Hi,

In latest krb5 1.14.3, old versions of config.guess and config.sub are
present.  They date back to 2013 and fail to recognize
powerpc64le-unknown-linux-gnu or 3.17.4-301.fc21.ppc64le for instance.
I then need to manually dowload them so as to configure Kerberos v5.

Could they be updated in the next release?  (And, even better, could the
update of these two files be added in the release process so that they
are always kept up-to-date?)

Thanks!

--
Julien ÉLIE

« The hardest thing is to go to sleep at night, when there are so many
   urgent things needing to be done.  A huge gap exists between what we
   know is possible with today's machines and what we have so far been
   able to finish. »  (Donald Knuth)

Re: Update config.guess and config.sub

Tom Yu
Julien ÉLIE <[hidden email]> writes:

> Could they be updated in the next release?  (And, even better, could the
> update of these two files be added in the release process so that they
> are always kept up-to-date?)

I've added this step to our release checklist as a manual step.  I don't
want it to happen automatically in the release script because it's best
to test our automated builds on the updated config.{guess,sub} files
before incorporating them into an official release.

-Tom

Re: Update config.guess and config.sub

Julien ÉLIE-2
Hi Tom,

>> Could they be updated in the next release?  (And, even better, could the
>> update of these two files be added in the release process so that they
>> are always kept up-to-date?)
>
> I've added this step to our release checklist as a manual step.  I don't
> want it to happen automatically in the release script because it's best
> to test our automated builds on the updated config.{guess,sub} files
> before incorporating them into an official release.

That sounds great!
Thanks for having taken my wish into account.

--
Julien ÉLIE

« En voyant le lit vide, il le devint. » (Ponson du Terrail)