Unknown credential cache type "DIR"

ssayyed
Hi,

I'm trying to use MIT Kerberos cache collection functionality provided from 1.10 version onwards. I had used 1.12.1 (latest version) source code & have successfully build it on Windows platform. I searched that to enable the cache collection functionality one must set environment variable KRB5CCNAME=DIR:/path/to/the/directory. And kinit does the rest. This works fine on Linux platform but on Windows pops out the given error.

C:\kerberos64\bin> set KRB5CCNAME=DIR:C:\cache_collection_dir

C:\kerberos64\bin> kinit.exe PRINCIPAL_1
kinit.exe: Unknown credential cache type while getting default ccache

Does this means that the "DIR" option is not supported on Windows or is there an alternative way yo achieve this ?

Regards,
Sam.

Re: Unknown credential cache type "DIR"

Greg Hudson
On 04/25/2014 06:28 AM, ssayyed wrote:
> Does this means that the "DIR" option is not supported on Windows or is
> there an alternative way yo achieve this ?

DIR is not supported on Windows at this time, but the API ccache type
should support collection semantics.

Re: Unknown credential cache type "DIR"

ssayyed
Thanks a lot. Using API I could use CCache collection.