SPNEGO wrapper tokens not generated....

Saumil Mehta
Hello,

This is tangentially a SPNEGO Kerberos issue since I am trying to enable
SPNEGO support for NTLM currently (the majority of folks seem to be
using SPNEGO for Kerberos, but our requirements at work are slightly
different).

When my server sets the WWW-Authenticate header to "Negotiate", both IE
and Firefox respond with *raw* NTLM packets as opposed to NTLM wrapped
in SPNEGO. I've tried to tweak all the browser settings that I know of
to no avail. Are there any registry settings that need to be modified?

Any clues? I'm running both client/server on XP and am also using HTTPS.

Please let me know if you've come across this before.

Thanks!
-Saumil

RE: SPNEGO wrapper tokens not generated....

Actually davidchr

Yeah, we did that deliberately to make it easier (or even possible) for
customers and applications to migrate from NTLM to SPNEGO.

Thanks!
-Dave

---
This message may originate from an unmonitored or fictitious alias
(davespam).  Use davidchr for replies.
This email is provided "as is" and confers no rights.