Removing DOS file dependency from Kerberos V

Removing DOS file dependency from Kerberos V

Vinay-2
Hi all,

As I know , Kerberos version 5 requires DOS file system for storing the
conf, keytab files and tickets. Can any body let me know how can I
remove the DOS file system dependency ?  Can I use memory based storage
 for this purpose ?

Thanks.

Re: Removing DOS file dependency from Kerberos V

Fredrik Tolf
On Thu, 2005-11-10 at 04:00 -0800, [hidden email] wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> As I know , Kerberos version 5 requires DOS file system for storing the
> conf, keytab files and tickets. Can any body let me know how can I
> remove the DOS file system dependency ?  Can I use memory based storage
>  for this purpose ?

It seems to me that all storage is based on some form of memory. ;)

Apart from that, are you really sure that you want to store persistent
configuration in volatile memory?

Apart from that as well, depending on what operating system you're
using, it can be very easy. On Linux, just mount a tmpfs anywhere you
want to store the files, and they will be stored in RAM.

Hope it helps!

Fredrik Tolf