Query Regarding Port number used in KRB_AP_REQ and KRP_AP_REP

Query Regarding Port number used in KRB_AP_REQ and KRP_AP_REP

Amitha H
Hi,
  I understand AP_REQ is sent from the client to
Application server.

  To what port this message is sent ?
  I do not think it is sent to the Port number 88,
  unlike other Kerberos messages.
  I think, it is sent to the Kerberorised App Server
  port number .(like telent server).

  Can someone please clarify this.

Thanks
Amitha

Re: Query Regarding Port number used in KRB_AP_REQ and KRP_AP_REP

Derek Atkins
Correct.  AP_REQ is the Application Request and is sent in-band in the
application protocol.  It is the application's job to transfer the
AP_REQ and AP_REP messages between the client and server applications.

-derek

Amitha H <[hidden email]> writes:

> Hi,
>   I understand AP_REQ is sent from the client to
> Application server.
>
>   To what port this message is sent ?
>   I do not think it is sent to the Port number 88,
>   unlike other Kerberos messages.
>   I think, it is sent to the Kerberorised App Server
>   port number .(like telent server).
>

>   Can someone please clarify this.
>

> Thanks
> Amitha

Re: Query Regarding Port number used in KRB_AP_REQ and KRP_AP_REP

Amitha H
Hi Derek,
  Thanks alot for the quick reply.
  It means it will not be seen as
  independent KRP_AP_REQ .
  Anybody has got sample traffic which contains
  this message ?

Regards
Amita