Problem compiling cups against heimdal 1.6

Problem compiling cups against heimdal 1.6

Stefan Gohmann
Hello list,

I've got a problem compiling an old version of cups (1.4) against
heimdal 1.6~git20120403

cups uses for some files g++. I created a minimal test file which only
includes the krb5.h header and got the same error:

root@master191:~# cat test.cxx
#include <krb5.h>
root@master191:~# g++  -Wall -D_GNU_SOURCE -I/usr/include/heimdal -O2 -c
-o test.o test.cxx
In file included from test.cxx:1:
/usr/include/heimdal/krb5.h:913: error: conflicting declaration ‘typedef
struct krb5_name_canon_rule* krb5_name_canon_rule’
/usr/include/heimdal/krb5.h:913: error: ‘struct krb5_name_canon_rule’
has a previous declaration as ‘struct krb5_name_canon_rule’
/usr/include/heimdal/krb5.h:914: error: conflicting declaration ‘typedef
struct krb5_name_canon_iterator* krb5_name_canon_iterator’
/usr/include/heimdal/krb5.h:914: error: ‘struct
krb5_name_canon_iterator’ has a previous declaration as ‘struct
krb5_name_canon_iterator’
root@master191:~#

If I use the gcc everything works fine.

The lines from krb5.h:

913: typedef struct krb5_name_canon_rule *krb5_name_canon_rule;
914: typedef struct krb5_name_canon_iterator *krb5_name_canon_iterator;

I'm not sure if it is a problem in heimdal or in cups.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Stefan

--
Stefan Gohmann
Head of Software Engineering

Univention GmbH
be open.
Mary-Somerville-Str.1
28359 Bremen
Tel. : +49 421 22232-0
Fax :  +49 421 22232-99

[hidden email]
http://www.univention.de

Geschäftsführer: Peter H. Ganten
HRB 20755 Amtsgericht Bremen
Steuer-Nr.: 71-597-02876

  * Englisch - erkannt
  * Englisch
  * Deutsch

  * Englisch
  * Deutsch

 <javascript:void(0);>

Re: Problem compiling cups against heimdal 1.6

Jeffrey Altman-2
On 10/2/2013 10:59 AM, Stefan Gohmann wrote:

> I'm not sure if it is a problem in heimdal or in cups.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks
> Stefan

The following patch addresses the conflict

https://github.com/heimdal/heimdal/commit/c1f822f7af08e2c8cb3ec4908764cfcb7214164c

Please advice regarding replication

Richard Gomes
Hello,

I have Heimdal backed by OpenLDAP on a topology like this:

    kerb1 (master) --- ldap1

    kerb2 (slave)  --- ldap2

I have replication on databases done via LDAP replication.
I'm not doing any replication on Heimdal.

Is this topology correct? Any advices?

Thanks a lot :)

Richard Gomes
http://rgomes.info
http://www.linkedin.com/in/rgomes
mobile: +44(77)9955-6813
inum: +883(5100)0800-9804

On 06/10/13 21:46, Jeffrey Altman wrote:
On 10/2/2013 10:59 AM, Stefan Gohmann wrote:

I'm not sure if it is a problem in heimdal or in cups.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Stefan
The following patch addresses the conflict

https://github.com/heimdal/heimdal/commit/c1f822f7af08e2c8cb3ec4908764cfcb7214164c

Re: Please advice regarding replication

Nico Williams
On Mon, Oct 7, 2013 at 12:54 AM, Richard Gomes <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have Heimdal backed by OpenLDAP on a topology like this:
>
>     kerb1 (master) --- ldap1
>     kerb2 (slave)  --- ldap2
>
> I have replication on databases done via LDAP replication.
> I'm not doing any replication on Heimdal.
>
> Is this topology correct? Any advices?

Yes, that's the point of LDAP: leave replication to the DS.