Permission denied in replay cache code

Balakrishnan, Sivakumar
Hi,

I have installed MIT Kerberos for Windows 2.6.5.  Developed a ISAPI
Filter and invoke gssApi to validate the requesting user,  On a server
with heavy load, often I am getting the error gss_acquire_cred failed:
MajorError = Miscellaneous failure and MiniorError = Permission denied
in replay cache code

We are getting into production by tomorrow. So any help to this issue is
greatly appreciated.

Environment:

      Server: Windows 2003 Server

      IIS :  6.0

      KDC: Windows 2003 Active Directory on another box.

Thanks

Siva

Re: Permission denied in replay cache code

Jeffrey Altman-3
KFW 2.6.5 includes the Kerberos 5 1.3.x libraries which are not
thread safe.   You are probably experiencing random data errors
due to data corruption caused by competing threads.

KFW 3.0 includes the Kerberos 5 1.4.3 libraries which are significantly
safer when used in multi-threaded environments.   Note that GSSAPI was
not designed with multi-threaded environments in mind.   While the MIT
implementation is now safer, you must still ensure that only one thread
uses each gss security context.

Jeffrey Altman