PKINIT example traces and keytabs requested for ethereal development

PKINIT example traces and keytabs requested for ethereal development

ronnie sahlberg
Hi,

Ethereal already supports an older version of PKINIT used by
PacketCable protocols which (which should be renamed in ethereal to
pc-pkinit or something).

Now that the real pkinit protocol seems to have stabilized and are
approaching standard it would be nice to add the real pkinit protocol
to ethereal, both for decoding and also decrypting.

Does anyone have a network trace with pkinit and a keytab file with
the secrets that i can use to generate a pkinit dissector and test
decoding and decrypting with?

best regards
ronnie shlberg

Re: PKINIT example traces and keytabs requested for ethereal development

Love Hörnquist Åstrand

ronnie sahlberg <[hidden email]> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Ethereal already supports an older version of PKINIT used by
> PacketCable protocols which (which should be renamed in ethereal to
> pc-pkinit or something).
>
> Now that the real pkinit protocol seems to have stabilized and are
> approaching standard it would be nice to add the real pkinit protocol
> to ethereal, both for decoding and also decrypting.
>
> Does anyone have a network trace with pkinit and a keytab file with
> the secrets that i can use to generate a pkinit dissector and test
> decoding and decrypting with?
I don't think pk-init is done enough yet, I think there still be
changes. That said, you can always try out the older version of the
protocol, the one Windows 2000 is using.

Love