OpenSSH support for Kerberos Pass auth

Wachdorf, Daniel R
Does anyone happen to know which version of OpenSSH first included
Kerberos authentication of user passwords (KerberosAuthentication and
KerberosOrLocalPassword options)?

Thanks.

-dan

Re: OpenSSH support for Kerberos Pass auth

Douglas E. Engert

Wachdorf, Daniel R wrote:

> Does anyone happen to know which version of OpenSSH first included
> Kerberos authentication of user passwords (KerberosAuthentication and
> KerberosOrLocalPassword options)?

http://www.openssh.org/history.html  might help.

I see in the predecessor to OpenSSH, ssh-1.2.27  krb5 support, and
"KerberosOrLocalPasswd". So it looks like most OpenSSH verisons should
have had the support.

> Thanks.
>
> -dan

  Douglas E. Engert  <[hidden email]>
  Argonne National Laboratory
  9700 South Cass Avenue
  Argonne, Illinois  60439
  (630) 252-5444

Re: OpenSSH support for Kerberos Pass auth

Cy Schubert-2
In message <[hidden email]>, "Douglas E. Engert" writes:

> Wachdorf, Daniel R wrote:
>
> > Does anyone happen to know which version of OpenSSH first included
> > Kerberos authentication of user passwords (KerberosAuthentication and
> > KerberosOrLocalPassword options)?
>
> http://www.openssh.org/history.html  might help.
>
> I see in the predecessor to OpenSSH, ssh-1.2.27  krb5 support, and
> "KerberosOrLocalPasswd". So it looks like most OpenSSH verisons should
> have had the support.

Prior to that a person could get patches. The FreeBSD port conditionally
included the patches at build time.

Cheers,
Cy Schubert <[hidden email]>
Web:  http://www.komquats.com and http://www.bcbodybuilder.com
FreeBSD UNIX:  <[hidden email]>   Web:  http://www.FreeBSD.org
BC Government:  <[hidden email]>

    "Lift long enough and I believe arrogance is replaced by
    humility and fear by courage and selfishness by generosity
    and rudeness by compassion and caring."
        -- Dave Draper