Old wrong DB version test in lib/roken/ndbm_wrap.c

Old wrong DB version test in lib/roken/ndbm_wrap.c

Honza Macháček
Dear all,

having sent a minor bug report to an apparently wrong address, I am sending it
here. Compiling Heimdal 7.4.0 under Gentoo, likely against Berkeley DB 6.0, I
have found that in lib/roken/ndbm_wrap.c an old wrong test for DB version still
remains (while its counterpart in lib/hdb/db3.c has been corrected). I am
attaching the patch I have applied to compile Heimdal with success.

With best regards

Honza Macháček

heimdal7-db6.patch (391 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: Old wrong DB version test in lib/roken/ndbm_wrap.c

Quanah Gibson-Mount-2
--On Wednesday, August 30, 2017 4:34 PM +0200 Honza Macháček
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear all,
>

> having sent a minor bug report to an apparently wrong address, I am
> sending it here. Compiling Heimdal 7.4.0 under Gentoo, likely against
> Berkeley DB 6.0, I have found that in lib/roken/ndbm_wrap.c an old wrong
> test for DB version still remains (while its counterpart in lib/hdb/db3.c
> has been corrected). I am attaching the patch I have applied to compile
> Heimdal with success.

I would generally suggest doing this as a pull request on github:

<https://github.com/heimdal/heimdal>

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount