Newbi question - how to enable kaserver in Heimdal 0.6.4

Newbi question - how to enable kaserver in Heimdal 0.6.4

Mathias Feiler

Hello!

I'm new to heimdal and this list and thus got newby-questions.
Also I'm not familliar with the automake-stuff.  -sorry-

My setup is :
  intel-laptop with fedora-core1
  Heimdal-0.6.4  sourcecode (tried also 0.6.3)
  AFS-testcell based on Openafs-1.2.11

My Problem:
  I tried  to compile Heimdal with kaserver support but w/o success.
  I need it to migrate my productiv AFS-cell.

The Point:
  I'd be very pleased if one could advice me how to enable ka-support in
  Heimdal-KDC.

What did I face so far:
  The '--enable-kaserver' and '--enable-kaserver-db' switch seams to be gone
  away from the ./configure - but I give it anyway.
  Starting the just compiled  Heimdal-KDC with
    'kdc --kerberos4 --kaserver --detach'
  results in
    "kdc: error at argument `--kaserver'"
  Heimdal seams to listen on the known K5 and K4 ports, just 7004 is free.
  Well , the nativ kaserver is not running of cause!

  So I guess  I have to enable to compile for  kaserver-suport anyhow.
  Up to now I couldn't manage to find THAT point.

  I'd be very pleased if one could advice me how to enable ka-support in
  Heimdal-KDC.

Sincerely Mathias Feiler, University of Hohenheim Germany

Re: Newbi question - how to enable kaserver in Heimdal 0.6.4

Love Hörnquist Åstrand

Mathias Feiler <[hidden email]> writes:

> The Point:
>   I'd be very pleased if one could advice me how to enable ka-support in
>   Heimdal-KDC.

The kaserver in 0.6.x depends on Kerberos 4, so you need to compile it with
kth-krb4. In heimdal-0.7 I've added enough code to make it stand-alone (at
least I think I did, I'm currently off line so I can't check).

Love

Re: Newbi question - how to enable kaserver in Heimdal 0.6.4

Mathias Feiler

Hello Love , hello Listmember!

Thank You vey much Love!
I'l check 0.7rc1  and give a sign on how it work for me.

On Sun, 29 May 2005, Love Hörnquist Åstrand wrote:

|Mathias Feiler <[hidden email]> writes:
|
|> The Point:
|>   I'd be very pleased if one could advice me how to enable ka-support in
|>   Heimdal-KDC.
|
|The kaserver in 0.6.x depends on Kerberos 4, so you need to compile it with
|kth-krb4. In heimdal-0.7 I've added enough code to make it stand-alone (at
|least I think I did, I'm currently off line so I can't check).
|
|Love

sincerely Mathias Feiler