Macintosh OS 10.4 Tiger support

chris wspanialy
I wonder if Kerberos could be used on Windows 2003 network with Windows
XP Pro and Macintosh OS 10.4 computers.

We also use Exchange 2003 server for mail services and Entourage 2004
client for Mac.

Thanks

Chris Wspanialy
______________________________
Network Analyst
Ontario Teachers Federation
Phone: 416-966-3424 ext 630
mailto:[hidden email]

Re: Macintosh OS 10.4 Tiger support

David Magda
[hidden email] ("chris wspanialy") writes:

> I wonder if Kerberos could be used on Windows 2003 network with
> Windows XP Pro and Macintosh OS 10.4 computers.

MacEnterprise has a QT webcast on integrating Panther into Active
Directory:

http://macenterprise.org/content/view/50/42/

AFAIK there hasn't been any major change in Kerberos in Tiger. It's
MIT-based and you can see the ChangeLog at:

http://www.opensource.apple.com/darwinsource/10.4/Kerberos-62/KerberosFramework/Kerberos5/Documentation/ChangeLog

You may also want to check out the Mac newsgroups (comp.sys.mac.*).

--
David Magda <dmagda at ee.ryerson.ca>

Re: Macintosh OS 10.4 Tiger support

Alexandra Ellwood

On Jul 14, 2005, at 7:22 PM, David Magda wrote:

> [hidden email] ("chris wspanialy") writes:
>

>> I wonder if Kerberos could be used on Windows 2003 network with
>> Windows XP Pro and Macintosh OS 10.4 computers.
>>

> MacEnterprise has a QT webcast on integrating Panther into Active
> Directory:
>
> http://macenterprise.org/content/view/50/42/
>
> AFAIK there hasn't been any major change in Kerberos in Tiger. It's
> MIT-based and you can see the ChangeLog at:
>
> http://www.opensource.apple.com/darwinsource/10.4/Kerberos-62/
> KerberosFramework/Kerberos5/Documentation/ChangeLog

Those are just the release notes for krb5-1.4 which shipped as part
of Kerberos for Macintosh 5.5 in Tiger.  For the KfM 5.5 release
notes see <http://web.mit.edu/macdev/KfM/Common/Documentation/
release-5.5.html>.  In addition to the changes in KfM 5.5, Apple has
also made extensive changes to the Active Directory support in Tiger.

--lxs

Alexandra Ellwood <[hidden email]>
MIT Kerberos Development Team
<http://mit.edu/lxs/www>