Kerberos5 OpenGrok interface broken...

Roland Mainz

Hi!

----

It seems the Kerberos5 OpenGrok interface at http://src.mit.edu/opengrok/krb5/search?q=ksh&defs=&refs=&path=&hist= is currently broken... instead of allowing searches&&code browsing it returns the error "Error: Index database not found" ... ;-(

----

Bye,
Roland

--
  __ .  . __
 (o.\ \/ /.o) [hidden email]

Re: Kerberos5 OpenGrok interface broken...

Benjamin Kaduk-2
On Fri, 22 Aug 2014, Roland Mainz wrote:

> Hi!
>
> ----
>
> It seems the Kerberos5 OpenGrok interface at
> http://src.mit.edu/opengrok/krb5/search?q=ksh&defs=&refs=&path=&hist= is
> currently broken... instead of allowing searches&&code browsing it
> returns the error "Error: Index database not found" ... ;-(

That browser predates the svn->git migration.
I recommend using https://github.com/krb5/krb5 for your krb5 searching and
browsing needs.

-Ben Kaduk

Re: Kerberos5 OpenGrok interface broken...

Roland Mainz

> On Fri, 22 Aug 2014, Roland Mainz wrote:
> > It seems the Kerberos5 OpenGrok interface at
> > http://src.mit.edu/opengrok/krb5/search?q=ksh&defs=&refs=&path=&hist= is
> > currently broken... instead of allowing searches&&code browsing it
> > returns the error "Error: Index database not found" ... ;-(
>
> That browser predates the svn->git migration.
> I recommend using https://github.com/krb5/krb5 for your krb5 searching and
> browsing needs.

Is there no way to get Krb5's opengrok working again (git-svn might be usefull to get the current setup running again) ?

----

Bye,
Roland

--
  __ .  . __
 (o.\ \/ /.o) [hidden email]
  \__\/\/__/  IPA/Kerberos5 team
  /O /==\ O\
 (;O/ \/ \O;)

Re: Kerberos5 OpenGrok interface broken...

Benjamin Kaduk-2
On Fri, 22 Aug 2014, Roland Mainz wrote:

> Is there no way to get Krb5's opengrok working again (git-svn might be
> usefull to get the current setup running again) ?

The opengrok setup is maintained by a different group than the krb5 team,
and I don't know what their staff availability is.  It appears that the
opengrok software is technically capable of working against a git
repository, but I am wary of asking them to make a bunch of changes if
they are not really needed: is there some functionality present from
opengrok that is not available from github or native git functionality?

Re: Kerberos5 OpenGrok interface broken...

Dagobert Michelsen-3
Hi Roland,

Am 22.08.2014 um 18:02 schrieb Roland Mainz <[hidden email]>:

> [...]
We have an OpenGrok instance at our buildfarm with the krb5 git repo which
you are free to use (however, please note that it is of course not official):
  https://buildfarm.opencsw.org/source/xref/krb5/
It is updated daily.

Best regards

  — Dago