Kerberos on iOS/Android ....

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Kerberos on iOS/Android ....

Steven Carmody
Hi,

I expect that I know the answer. But, just wondering if anyone knows of
any efforts to port the Kerberos client libraries to iOS or Android ?

Thanks in advance.
_______________________________________________
krbdev mailing list             [hidden email]
https://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/krbdev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Kerberos on iOS/Android ....

Nate Rosenblum
>
> I expect that I know the answer. But, just wondering if anyone knows of
> any efforts to port the Kerberos client libraries to iOS or Android ?
>
>
I don't personally know of an official port effort, but we use a private
build of the Kerberos client libraries on both iOS and Android. Only minor
changes (almost entirely to the Makefiles) are necessary to target those
platforms. Feel free to contact me directly if you would like details.

Best,

--nate
_______________________________________________
krbdev mailing list             [hidden email]
https://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/krbdev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Kerberos on iOS/Android ....

Derek Atkins
In reply to this post by Steven Carmody
Hi Steven,

Steven Carmody <[hidden email]> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I expect that I know the answer. But, just wondering if anyone knows of
> any efforts to port the Kerberos client libraries to iOS or Android ?
>
> Thanks in advance.

Yes, it is certainly possible to build MIT Kerberos libraries on Android
and iOS.  For Android it's mostly configure and Makefile hacking.  For
iOS one of my co-workers built an Xcode project to build it.  There were
very few code changes actually required.

-derek

--
       Derek Atkins, SB '93 MIT EE, SM '95 MIT Media Laboratory
       Member, MIT Student Information Processing Board  (SIPB)
       URL: http://web.mit.edu/warlord/    PP-ASEL-IA     N1NWH
       [hidden email]                        PGP key available
_______________________________________________
krbdev mailing list             [hidden email]
https://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/krbdev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Kerberos on iOS/Android ....

Dmitri Pal
On 03/26/2014 01:15 PM, Derek Atkins wrote:

> Hi Steven,
>
> Steven Carmody<[hidden email]>  writes:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I expect that I know the answer. But, just wondering if anyone knows of
>> any efforts to port the Kerberos client libraries to iOS or Android ?
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
> Yes, it is certainly possible to build MIT Kerberos libraries on Android
> and iOS.  For Android it's mostly configure and Makefile hacking.  For
> iOS one of my co-workers built an Xcode project to build it.  There were
> very few code changes actually required.
>
> -derek
>
Any chance these changes can be publicly shared? If not a as a patch may
be as a blog post or wiki page?

--
Thank you,
Dmitri Pal

Sr. Engineering Manager for IdM portfolio
Red Hat Inc.


-------------------------------
Looking to carve out IT costs?
www.redhat.com/carveoutcosts/



_______________________________________________
krbdev mailing list             [hidden email]
https://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/krbdev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Kerberos on iOS/Android ....

Luke Howard
In reply to this post by Steven Carmody
If you only need GSS, you can use GSS.framework on iOS.

On 27 Mar 2014, at 3:07 am, Steven Carmody <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I expect that I know the answer. But, just wondering if anyone knows of
> any efforts to port the Kerberos client libraries to iOS or Android ?
>
> Thanks in advance.
> _______________________________________________
> krbdev mailing list             [hidden email]
> https://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/krbdev

--
www.lukehoward.com | www.padl.com

_______________________________________________
krbdev mailing list             [hidden email]
https://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/krbdev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: Kerberos on iOS/Android ....

Thomas Hardjono

Luke,

The latest version of the work on Kerberos for Android (MIT KfA) is here:

https://github.com/cconlon/krb5-anonsvn


/thomas/

________________________________________
From: [hidden email] [[hidden email]] on behalf of Luke Howard [[hidden email]]
Sent: Wednesday, March 26, 2014 5:27 PM
To: Steven Carmody
Cc: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: Kerberos on iOS/Android ....

If you only need GSS, you can use GSS.framework on iOS.

On 27 Mar 2014, at 3:07 am, Steven Carmody <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I expect that I know the answer. But, just wondering if anyone knows of
> any efforts to port the Kerberos client libraries to iOS or Android ?
>
> Thanks in advance.
> _______________________________________________
> krbdev mailing list             [hidden email]
> https://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/krbdev

--
www.lukehoward.com | www.padl.com

_______________________________________________
krbdev mailing list             [hidden email]
https://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/krbdev
_______________________________________________
krbdev mailing list             [hidden email]
https://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/krbdev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Kerberos on iOS/Android ....

Dmitri Pal
On 03/26/2014 06:02 PM, Thomas Hardjono wrote:
> Luke,
>
> The latest version of the work on Kerberos for Android (MIT KfA) is here:
>
> https://github.com/cconlon/krb5-anonsvn

This code is 2 years old.
It would be interesting to be able to build 1.12 on Android and iOS.

>
>
> /thomas/
>
> ________________________________________
> From: [hidden email] [[hidden email]] on behalf of Luke Howard [[hidden email]]
> Sent: Wednesday, March 26, 2014 5:27 PM
> To: Steven Carmody
> Cc: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: Kerberos on iOS/Android ....
>
> If you only need GSS, you can use GSS.framework on iOS.
>
> On 27 Mar 2014, at 3:07 am, Steven Carmody<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I expect that I know the answer. But, just wondering if anyone knows of
>> any efforts to port the Kerberos client libraries to iOS or Android ?
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>> _______________________________________________
>> krbdev mailing list             [hidden email]
>> https://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/krbdev
> --
> www.lukehoward.com | www.padl.com
>
> _______________________________________________
> krbdev mailing list             [hidden email]
> https://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/krbdev
> _______________________________________________
> krbdev mailing list             [hidden email]
> https://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/krbdev
>
>


--
Thank you,
Dmitri Pal

Sr. Engineering Manager for IdM portfolio
Red Hat Inc.


-------------------------------
Looking to carve out IT costs?
www.redhat.com/carveoutcosts/



_______________________________________________
krbdev mailing list             [hidden email]
https://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/krbdev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Kerberos on iOS/Android ....

Derek Atkins
In reply to this post by Dmitri Pal
Dmitri Pal <[hidden email]> writes:

> Any chance these changes can be publicly shared? If not a as a patch may
> be as a blog post or wiki page?

I attempted to send at least one (pretty trivial, IIRC) Android-specific
change to MIT (although I did so privately, not through a github pull
request).  I do not know if my patch was ever accepted or committed.

-derek

--
       Derek Atkins, SB '93 MIT EE, SM '95 MIT Media Laboratory
       Member, MIT Student Information Processing Board  (SIPB)
       URL: http://web.mit.edu/warlord/    PP-ASEL-IA     N1NWH
       [hidden email]                        PGP key available
_______________________________________________
krbdev mailing list             [hidden email]
https://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/krbdev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Kerberos on iOS/Android ....

Derek Atkins
In reply to this post by Dmitri Pal
Dmitri Pal <[hidden email]> writes:

> On 03/26/2014 06:02 PM, Thomas Hardjono wrote:
>> Luke,
>>
>> The latest version of the work on Kerberos for Android (MIT KfA) is here:
>>
>> https://github.com/cconlon/krb5-anonsvn
>
> This code is 2 years old.
> It would be interesting to be able to build 1.12 on Android and iOS.

I used 1.11.3, and based my work on cconlon's work.  If you look the
actual Android-specific code changes are minimal.  Most of the work is a
meta-configure script that sets up configure for an Android environment.

-derek
--
       Derek Atkins, SB '93 MIT EE, SM '95 MIT Media Laboratory
       Member, MIT Student Information Processing Board  (SIPB)
       URL: http://web.mit.edu/warlord/    PP-ASEL-IA     N1NWH
       [hidden email]                        PGP key available
_______________________________________________
krbdev mailing list             [hidden email]
https://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/krbdev