Kerberos Library usage and license requirements

Kerberos Library usage and license requirements

Madavarapu, Vamsee
Hi,

We are looking to use components of the Kerberos library in our firmware
product.  The components would be built with other code into a binary
which will be flashed into the product.  Attached is the license file
that is in the Kerberos library.  I would like to find out if the code
in the library is open source.  If this code is not open source code, I
would like to find out if we need a license agreement to be able to use
it.

Thanks,

Vamsee Madavarapu

MIT_krb_license.txt (1K) Download Attachment

Re: Kerberos Library usage and license requirements

hartmans

    Madavarapu,> Hi, We are looking to use components of the Kerberos
    Madavarapu,> library in our firmware product.  The components
    Madavarapu,> would be built with other code into a binary which
    Madavarapu,> will be flashed into the product.  Attached is the
    Madavarapu,> license file that is in the Kerberos library.  I
    Madavarapu,> would like to find out if the code in the library is
    Madavarapu,> open source.  If this code is not open source code, I
    Madavarapu,> would like to find out if we need a license agreement
    Madavarapu,> to be able to use it.

Hi.  MIt cannot provide legal advice on whether a particular license
is appropriate for a particular use.  I would recommend you retain a
lawyer specializing in copyright law to help you with this issue.

Sam Hartman
Manager, MIt Kerberos Team
MIt Information Services and Technology