Kerberos 4 Authentication

Gurganus, Brant L
Using Kerberos for Windows 2.6.5, I am trying to get a Kerberos 4 ticket
for cs.rose-hulman.edu (KDC: galaxy.cs.rose-hulman.edu).  When I do so
with what I am 100% sure is a correct password, I get a bad password
error code.  I double checked that the times on the client system and
the KDC are the same, and they are.  Are there any other reasons that I
would get a bad password error code when the password is correct?  I
have yet to find an answer in searching the Web.

Re: Kerberos 4 Authentication

Jeffrey Altman-3
Gurganus, Brant L wrote:

> Using Kerberos for Windows 2.6.5, I am trying to get a Kerberos 4 ticket
> for cs.rose-hulman.edu (KDC: galaxy.cs.rose-hulman.edu).  When I do so
> with what I am 100% sure is a correct password, I get a bad password
> error code.  I double checked that the times on the client system and
> the KDC are the same, and they are.  Are there any other reasons that I
> would get a bad password error code when the password is correct?  I
> have yet to find an answer in searching the Web.

This KDC is an OpenAFS 1.0.4 kaserver.   Does obtaining a TGT fail with

        kinit -4 [hidden email]

and succeed with

        klog [hidden email]

with the same password?

RE: Kerberos 4 Authentication

Gurganus, Brant L
Yes, the kinit command fails saying bad password and klog succeeds.