Kerberizing your whole network

Simon Wilkinson
A while ago on this list there was a discussion about "Kerberizing your
whole network" - concerning which protocols were capable of Kerberos
support, and which implementations actually provide Kerberos capability.

I've often found trouble getting this kind of information, so I decided
to set up a website to produce a list of protocols, and implementations
thereof, that support Kerbeors in one for, or another. I'm somewhat
short of time, so I ended up doing so as a Wiki rather than something
more structured and fancy.

The site is at www.kerberosprotocols.org - please take a look, and feel
free to edit and update any of the contents. Hopefully, in time, this
can grow to be an invaluable resource for anyone looking to develop a
Kerberos infrastructure.

Cheers,

Simon.

Re: Kerberizing your whole network

Andreas Hasenack
On Wed, Sep 07, 2005 at 10:25:06PM +0100, Simon Wilkinson wrote:
> The site is at www.kerberosprotocols.org - please take a look, and feel
> free to edit and update any of the contents. Hopefully, in time, this
> can grow to be an invaluable resource for anyone looking to develop a
> Kerberos infrastructure.

Hi Simon,

I'm adding some content right now in the email section. So far, I think
all email clients support both pop3 and imap so perhaps this distinction
could be removed. Perhaps even smtp from the client point of view could
be merged with imap/pop.

Re: Kerberizing your whole network

Matthew Joyce-2
Andreas Hasenack wrote:

>On Wed, Sep 07, 2005 at 10:25:06PM +0100, Simon Wilkinson wrote:
>

>>The site is at www.kerberosprotocols.org - please take a look, and feel
>>free to edit and update any of the contents. Hopefully, in time, this
>>can grow to be an invaluable resource for anyone looking to develop a
>>Kerberos infrastructure.
>>

>Hi Simon,
>
>I'm adding some content right now in the email section. So far, I think
>all email clients support both pop3 and imap so perhaps this distinction
>could be removed. Perhaps even smtp from the client point of view could
>be merged with imap/pop.

This looks tremendously useful.  I will add some of my Active Directory
documentation I have been working on.  =)

-Matt Joyce

Re: Kerberizing your whole network

Nicolas Williams
On Fri, Sep 09, 2005 at 10:40:13AM -0400, Matthew Joyce wrote:

> Andreas Hasenack wrote:
>
> >On Wed, Sep 07, 2005 at 10:25:06PM +0100, Simon Wilkinson wrote:
> >

> >>The site is at www.kerberosprotocols.org - please take a look, and feel
> >>free to edit and update any of the contents. Hopefully, in time, this
> >>can grow to be an invaluable resource for anyone looking to develop a
> >>Kerberos infrastructure.
> >>

> >Hi Simon,
> >
> >I'm adding some content right now in the email section. So far, I think
> >all email clients support both pop3 and imap so perhaps this distinction
> >could be removed. Perhaps even smtp from the client point of view could
> >be merged with imap/pop.

> This looks tremendously useful.  I will add some of my Active Directory
> documentation I have been working on.  =)

Does that really belong under "Web" though?

A separate page for developers, with links to RFCx 2743, 2744, Heimdal
and MIT docs and resources, MSDN SSPI docs, Sun's Security for
Developers Guide (which covers the GSS-API and SASL), Cyrus SASL, GNU
SASL, Shishi, and so on would be useful.

Nico